Flame Fins Pattern

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JGemini

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm working on a rocket right now and was considering using some Dr. Zooch style "flame fins." I have never built a rocket with them before and thought it would be neat to try out. The problem is, though, that I don't have any pattern or outline to cut the fins out of. I have never owned a Dr. Zooch kit so I don't have one left over from a build like that and I can't seem to find them anywhere online. I'm not exactly the artistic type so I can't really go and freehand the shape (trust me I tried, it was awful), so I was wondering if anyone had a PDF of the pattern (or something similar) that I could use. I would probably scale it up to fit the rocket and either print it out and cut the fins by hand or convert it to some digital format and laser cut them. I would really appreciate anything anyone has to offer.

Thanks

Sorry no pattern. I'm also looking for the pattern or scan for some non zooch rockets. I would also appreciate a copy please. You beat me to requesting

Hm. Thanks for the link. Maybe I'll place an order for those if I can't find anything else, but I would like to be able to scale them up to down to fit the rocket and then cut them out myself. I would also prefer fins without a bunch of holes in them...

The flame fin pattern is copyrighted. Putting up a scan or pdf of it here in a public forum would not give due credit to Wes Oleszewski ( Dr. Zooch ). As mentioned, you can buy the fin set from erockets and up or down scale them on a scanner. I found that cutting them out from a pattern is a bear. A rotary tool and mini grinding head helps get into all the nooks and crannies. Good Luck.

Back