A word from the wise or unwise

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was expecting the grill to melt. anyway for drying herbs (catnip, sage), take 4-5 stalks/stems of herb & rinse with cold water, then tie into a bundle w/ store string. next place into a brown paper bag (cut ends up) and scrunch the bag top, tie the scrunched bit w/ the string, hang from the ceiling and allow to dry (figure about a month if you have humidity control, longer if not). once dry one can roll the dried herb between your hands and the leaves will crumble into flakes store in a glass jar. needless to say, the crumble process should be done in a room w/o cats (cats get strange around dried sage as well as catnip):). the dried stalks should be disposed of out of reach of the cats. hth
Rex

I have a similar story. Several years ago my wife cut some catnip for our cats and left it on the kitchen table to dry. Needless to say it wasn't long before the cats were all over the table rolling around in it, so she stuck it in the oven to keep it out of reach.

The next day she was working late, so when I got home I turned on the oven to preheat for dinner and jumped in the shower. After a few minutes I smelled something burning, and suddenly remembered that she put the catnip in the oven. I threw open the shower curtain, jumped out buck naked and soaking wet, slipped and fell on the bathroom tile, got back up and ran to the kitchen. Sure enough there was an inferno in the oven so I turned it off and hit it with a quick burst from the fire extinguisher.

All the commotion scared the hell out of the cats. They scattered when I slipped and fell and didn't come back out for a while.

So the advice here is not to keep cats?

Back