Battery charger

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ericm541

Reaction score
I broke my battery charger for BRB transmitter, it just uses a single cell LiPO battery. Any good suggestions to charge this type of battery?

For a couple bucks you can buy a 5v USB power supply that will charge a 1s lipo off of Amazon.

Yeah i tried BRB website for a replacement however, the main page says hes on vaction till the 19th, i need to sort this out before the 21st. It's possible the battery is ruined too, rocket was in a tree for over a week.

I have one of these to charge 1s lipo's:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00XWSRSU2/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

I've charged BRB batteries with it, but you have to make an adapter. It comes with extra connectors you can modify. (Watch the polarity!) It isn't as fast at charging as the BRB USB widget.

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome, you know if the 3.7V battery will work for the basic beeline trasnmitter? Thank you

Awesome, you know if the 3.7V battery will work for the basic beeline trasnmitter? Thank you

Yes, the Beeline TX and BigRedBee using a 1-cell LiPo battery, 210mAH and 850mAH respectively. Nominal 3.7V, typically 4.3V when charged and not under load. That charger should take <1hr to charge the smaller one.

It's possible the battery is ruined too, rocket was in a tree for over a week.

If the cell (technically not a battery :wink:) has been discharged below a certain voltage (not sure, 3.3, or thereabouts, depends where you read the number on the www) it is not recoverable and needs to be replaced.

I generally keep a few spare LiPos around. Some I have killed by over-discharge after a flight and need replacing, and I have had a couple puff up after flights which is usually a bad sign. I suspect it is due to the rapid change in air pressure. Having spares handy keeps me flying :)

If the cell (technically not a battery :wink:) has been discharged below a certain voltage (not sure, 3.3, or thereabouts, depends where you read the number on the www) it is not recoverable and needs to be replaced.

I generally keep a few spare LiPos around. Some I have killed by over-discharge after a flight and need replacing, and I have had a couple puff up after flights which is usually a bad sign. I suspect it is due to the rapid change in air pressure. Having spares handy keeps me flying :)

Yes thats probably what happened, the rocket was in a tree for a week, the BRB has a low power shutoff feature even with that on it will shut down the transmitter but still draw. I ordered a bunch of 3.7 LiPo and a charger, transmitter fired right up, thanks for all the help.

Back