• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WANTED: CTI 54mm Dual Thrust motor

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CzTeacherMan

Reaction score
Hey y'all...
I have a small obsession with the CTI Dual Thrust motors, but they're still OOP...
If anyone has one sitting around that they're willing to sell, I'd be interested.
Needs to be a 54mm motor, and I need to be able to pickup in the Illinois, Wisconsin area, OR pickup at URRF 5 in New York.
I know it's a long shot, but... I have an obsession.

I was unaware of such a motor.
Hey Tim!.....

Tim's been holding out on you all this time! I don't see it on his website.

@Tim- if you're reading this, you also need to add the new AT F-67 motor to the site too :)

It's a kick a$$ motor... 1 grain of WARP 9 TO GET IT GOING and smooth long burn for the duration.

I flew one , then bought 4 more.

CTI L-640 & AT K-375..... Very similar profiles. 544 N's difference 2772 vs 2228

Screen Shot 2018-06-05 at 2.23.42 AM.jpg Screen Shot 2018-06-05 at 2.27.48 AM.jpg

Last edited:
Sharon and I flew two L640's at LDRS last month. It was the central motor in a 5 x 54mm cluster on Tweety bird.
I lit the L640 to get it off the pad:

Tweety%20bird%20off%20the%20rail.jpeg

Then lit two I218's about a second later:
Tweety%20bird%203%20motors%20thrusting.jpeg

We probably won't fly that rocket again until CTI starts making that motor again. I haven't found anything quite like it.
I do have an AT K375, but haven't flown it yet.The thrust curve on it looks good, but doesn't last as long as the L640.

Back