BMS is offering a re-release of the Peter Always 1/195 SaturnV

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rharshberger

Reaction score
Was just on BMS's site and saw Bill had added a new tab for the Saturn V, and its a re-release of the Peter Always 1/195 scale with laser cut parts. Knowing BMS this will be a great kit! Not sure if this has been announced elsewhere on the forum.

Last edited:
Yep.....so it is.....click on Saturn V in the title bar...…….

This kit will be available on JULY 1st. You can however pre-order now to be first in line when we start shipping on 7-1-18
Price: $ 50.00 Quantity:
This is the same kit that has been out of production for 8 years and, for now, is being brought back at the same price!
This production run is limited. When they're gone they're gone!
Don't miss out. Order your's today

https://www.balsamachining.com/#
instructions:
https://www.balsamachining.com/saturnv.pdf

Last edited:
wish I had the patience and skill to do it justice.

I just wish I'd had the sense to ask for a kit as part of the royalties I charged Bill to produce the kit. I've already been paid all I'm going to get for however many Bill makes, but I really hope that everyone who wants one can get one. The world needs more Saturn V's flying!

I have to admit it was fun reading through the instruction on the BMS website. I'd forgotten a lot about how it went together, and some of the silly things I added to the instructions to fill empty space.

I just hope Bill made sure the nose weight pennies were all pre-1982!

Peter Alway

I got one from BMC, and was considering a second "just in case".

Sadly, someone bought them out and now they're on Ebay for $125.00 each.

I was ready to order one yesterday and found out they ran out. My luck to finally get one and now I cannot. Bummer...

I got one from BMC, and was considering a second "just in case".

Sadly, someone bought them out and now they're on Ebay for $125.00 each.

Jeeze! The whole point of designing the kit was to have a decent Saturn V for cheaper than the Estes kit. Sigh. At least it turns out that I *did* think to ask Bill for a kit as part of the royalties, so I have one.

Jeeze! The whole point of designing the kit was to have a decent Saturn V for cheaper than the Estes kit. Sigh. At least it turns out that I *did* think to ask Bill for a kit as part of the royalties, so I have one.
Yeah, and the guy is a member here, but apparently only for the purpose of selling.

Glad you got one, at least!

Sad state. I have had at least on guy buy a kit from me on here. He posted a sob story about the favorite kit from his childhood. I sold it to him for what I paid for it plus shipping to have it marked up and sold on eBay. Never again.

Back