TriCities Rocketeers June Swoosh 2018

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rharshberger

Reaction score
Just a heads up to all the Northwest rocketeers ( and all other rocketeers willing to come fly with us), its only a couple of weeks until June Swoosh 2018 TCR's annual 3 day launch at the sod farm, the launch is currently scheduled for June 15th-17th. More information will follow as the launch date draws closer.

Last edited:
As of right now Gary, I do not have an answer, however Don with Chehalis Junction Hobbies has usually been at our multiday launches in the past.

Yo, time to launch some rockets! Looks like I'll be able to help on Friday and part of Saturday. Woo Hoo!

Weather forecast is looking good so far. I picked up a L1000 at FITS that I want to fly in my AGM 58 to about 7900’ if conditions allow. I should be there Friday around noon and can help set up.

Gary

Man, I wish I could make it... I have a couple of K motors that I am itching to burn. Oh well. Have fun, everyone!

Weather is looking good for the weekend, breezy on Saturday but Friday and Sunday look prime. Evidently the waiver is called in and we are set for 3 days of HPR and FAR101 class flying. Not saying the weather cant change but its looking real good! We will be holding a B+ Spot landing competition ( B motors or larger😀).

Note to self: don't schedule the June BEMRC launch on Father's Day weekend in 2019. :eek:

I'll be running the club launch on Saturday, though I know a couple of our regulars will be over flying with you. And I have kids (and one grandkid) coming to visit on Sunday. We may do some more flying up at Sixty Acres then.....

Hopefully we can get over next year.

Have fun!!

Quoted from the TCR Forum page:

"What a crazy weekend of flying. Friday was perfect flying conditions all day with calm winds and blue skies. We just had to alternate flying with dodging sod trucks, mowers, and a pass or two by the sprinkler pivots. Saturday started out fine, but the wind really kicked up after lunch that made flying difficult. We still had two windows in the afternoon to get some flights in and had calm winds for our night launch. As predicted, the wind returned Sunday as the day went on that put a damper on high power flights. Total number of flights for the weekend was 167 and the motor breakdown for Friday/Saturday/Sunday was as follows:
A: 29
B: 27
C: 34
D: 17
E: 11
F: 17
G: 17
H: 13
I: 7
J: 5
K: 2
L: 1
We had a successful L2 certification attempt and many other entertaining flights. With the rocket sales and giveaways , there was never a dull moment. Again, good times around the campfire with friends made for a relaxing end to some great flying.
Special thanks to all the help we received with setting up and tearing down and to those taking shifts at LCO duty, as it makes a huge difference for our club. See you at our next launch!"

CommSpecTX.jpg Anyone who received rockets from Bret if you have a RF Transmitter (small black case with long whip antenna) please let me know as I would like to recover as many of the transmitters as possible. I recieved the CommSpec receiver and a transmitter (a complete system), but Bret said some of the rockets may contain additional transmitters. Having additional TX units would allow me to make the tracker available to TCR flyers during launches. I will post a picture of what the TX units look like (they should be marked LPRS-25 on the side and have a FCC ID number on the end if the case.

Also if anyone can contact Gordon Hom and let him know I have some decals and replacement canopies for his upscale Top Secret from Bret. Gordon can either PM me here or on the TCR forum.

Last edited:
Here's some of the flying from Saturday and Sunday of the event. I had a fun time, even with the failures and weather challenges we faced.

It was the CATO that kept on giving. Also makes an easy reference when people ask "Hey Ryan what do you think of those Estes E9 and E12s?"

Back