Astronaut To Take Rocket Videos

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bill-
Here you go. Mattel doesn't provide a CG location, but you might be able to estimate it from the attached photo.
-Kerry

Technical specs:
* Size: 11.5 inches
* Memory: 256 MB, internal only
* Recording time: 25 minutes
* Battery life: 75 minutes
* File format: .AVI
* Resolution: 320 x 240 standard definition
* Color LCD screen
* Connection type: USB
* Cost: $50More info: https://www.barbie.com/videogirl

barbie-video-girl-doll,C-7-251863-3.jpg

Back in the day, I used to launch a Barbie doll inside a 4" diameter HPR rocket on I161's. She would be ejected at apogee with the laundry, and come screaming in from altitude out in the field. :jaw:

I kept trying to loose her, but the kids in the club always got a kick out of searching for her and bringing her back to me to launch yet again. :mad:

The last time she went up, she had no hair (all burned off) and was looking a bit worse for wear. I didn't annouce her as a payload, and she now remains lost forever somewhere in the fields :clap:

Bill-
Here you go. Mattel doesn't provide a CG location, but you might be able to estimate it from the attached photo.
-Kerry

Technical specs:
* Size: 11.5 inches
* Memory: 256 MB, internal only
* Recording time: 25 minutes
* Battery life: 75 minutes
* File format: .AVI
* Resolution: 320 x 240 standard definition
* Color LCD screen
* Connection type: USB
* Cost: $50More info: https://www.barbie.com/videogirl

What's the frame rate?? Looking at the specs I'm betting it's pretty low-- the resolution certainly is...

Maybe it's ok... looks like about 1 MB/minute would be written to the memory for 256 MB of internal memory only and a 25 minute run time...

Course for the money you can probably get a lot better camera, and without the "extraneous housing"

Of course the .avi format is nice... that's the biggest drawback I see with the Boostervision DVR camera featured in this month's SR... the recording format requires you to hunt up codecs and pray it all works... the gum cams and fob cams pretty much use the much more universal .avi file format like Barbie does...

Later! OL JR :)

Back