When the dinosaurs died, so did forests—and tree-dwelling birds

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Winston

Lorenzo von Matterhorn
Reaction score
When the dinosaurs died, so did forests—and tree-dwelling birds
May 24, 2018

https://phys.org/news/2018-05-dinosaurs-died-forestsand-tree-dwelling-birds

Sixty-six million years ago, the world burned. An asteroid crashed to Earth with a force one million times larger than the largest atomic bomb, causing the extinction of the dinosaurs. But dinosaurs weren't the only ones that got hit hard—in a new study, scientists learned that the planet's forests were decimated, leading to the extinction of tree-dwelling birds.

"Looking at the fossil record, at plants and birds, there are multiple lines of evidence suggesting that the forest canopies collapsed," says Regan Dunn, a paleontologist at the Field Museum in Chicago and a co-author on the study in Current Biology. "Perching birds went extinct because there were no more perches."

And with no more trees, the scientists found, tree-dwelling birds went extinct. The birds that did survive were ground-dwellers—birds whose fossilized remains show longer, sturdier legs like we see in modern ground birds like kiwis and emus. The Cretaceous equivalent of robins and sparrows, with delicate little legs made for perching on tree branches, had no place to live.

DSyk2kuXcAATXAw.jpg

Sooooo ... where did today's tree-dwelling birds come from? And aren't come people saying that dinosaurs evolved into birds? But if all the dinosaurs went extinct, then how did they evolve into birds?

canaries live in coal mines don't they...:)
Rex

No trees to perch in, so they went SURFING!!!

[video=youtube;9Gc4QTqslN4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Gc4QTqslN4[/video]

Sooooo ... where did today's tree-dwelling birds come from? And aren't come people saying that dinosaurs evolved into birds? But if all the dinosaurs went extinct, then how did they evolve into birds?
1. The same place they came from back then - through evolution to take advantage of their environment. Trees present - evolve to best take advantage of that environment. Trees gone - evolve to best take advantage of that environment. Trees back - evolve to, once again, best take advantage of that environment.
2. The idea that birds are based upon dinosaurs comes from several factors which I will leave for you using Google searches to learn. That ground birds back then who did not need to be light enough to fly might happen to be in some ways like the ground dwelling dinosaurs from small to large with whom they shared the same environment isn't surprising. Evolution once again. Look at the photo I included above and if that doesn't remind you of a dinosaur, you need to look at more drawings of dinosaurs.

The Earth has had several Extinction Events. In my own mind the Gods did it to rid of unwanted experiments. Who you think the God's are is your own guess.
Personally, I believe beings from a world that no longer exists WERE the Gods. The remains of the planet is the Asteroid Belt.
Mars, too, was involved in a Great War. Most likely with the missing planet. The Deep Gouge on it's surface was mostly likely caused by an enormous electrical discharge, states scientists...weapon?
There are 2 spots on Mars that only giant Nuclearer detonations would cause when released in the now absent atmosphere.

Compare the human race to all other species on Earth. We are not fit for Earth. The Sun is too strong. It damages eyes, causes cancers, and many other things.
There is an island where they found ancient people 3-4' tall. The first. Coming from a planet with less gravity, their height would have been effected.
As the human race gets older, we are growing taller. Acclimating to the gravity.
Earth, is a planetarium. We are the experiment. And so is much of Earth's life.
I also believe in Natural seeded by microbes from outer and inner space.
I remind you, this is only my belief due to the understanding of the facts as presented to me.
Is the Universe infinite? I believe there is infinite Universe's. Behind every Black Hole is a universe.
That is why the Universe is accelerating in expansion, instead of slowing down.
On the other side, the Black Hole is Eating away.
We are not the only one's. Never have been, never will be.

Last edited:
There IS an intelligent designer and it CAN be observed, tested, repeated and verified. That designer is man as only his intelligence can create the thousands and thousands of creations that can be observed. No other source can pass this test.

And once again we have a thread going down the path of science vs. faith, and it will soon be locked because the same people always get involved and vehemently disagree.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back