Flight Record, Countdown Checklist and Rocket Data Spreadsheets

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lakeroadster

When in doubt... build hell-for-stout!
Reaction score
It seems my years as an Engineer have made me a habitual Excel spreadsheet junky.

I'm referring to Flight Record, Countdown Checklist and Rocket Data spreadsheets similar to the ones outlined by Timothy Van Milligan in his Model Rocket Design and Construction book

Before I create the spreadsheets I wanted to ask if anybody here has already done so?

As always, thanks.

Thanks for sharing those with us. Very comprehensive checklists. Good to keep a record, memory sometimes fails us, especially as you get older. Small typo on the countdown checklist: in the "Preparation Phase" section I assume it should be "correct motor " instead of correct rocket for rocket selected? For the detail oriented, this stuff is great.

I gave it a quick look over and it's great. I am going to compare it to the NAR level 1 cert checklist and see if these covers all the items on it.

Thanks for sharing those with us. Very comprehensive checklists. Good to keep a record, memory sometimes fails us, especially as you get older. Small typo on the countdown checklist: in the "Preparation Phase" section I assume it should be "correct motor " instead of correct rocket for rocket selected? For the detail oriented, this stuff is great.

Corrected per your review and Updated Original Post above. Thanks for your help.

Below are the only things I did not see addressed in the Count Down - Checklist and came from the NAR High Power Rocket Checklist on the second page of the form.

- If electronics are used, is the battery secured against "g" loads? Will electrical connections fail or loosen from accelerationforces? Will igniters stay fully inserted in rocket motors during boost? Is the user protected against inadvertent operation,e.g. is the circuit remotely armed, are safety switches present, is an armed status indicator used (visual or audible)? Doesthe modeler have a checklist or reminder to arm or operate the system prior to flight?

- If radio control is used, is for flight functions (e.g. recovery) the operating frequency in the 27, 50, 53, or 72 megahertzbands? Use of 75 megahertz for flight functions is not permitted. Is the antenna protected from breakage (not floppingfreely)? Did the operator range check his equipment?

Back