Bombs Away! Nerf whistling football bomber

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They went up in Easter "Eggspress" . its 4" and 32 eggs sat on top of the chute and motor deployed out at 600' on an H250G.

I believe the pinata rocket deploys it's candy the same way. I have seen a couple singed cookie / candy bags.

I also have some lengths of 7.5 loc tubing. And I would be willing to try dropping more things as well.FB_IMG_1520865349946.jpg0310181149_Burst01.jpeg1527291078947.jpeg

On ascent, the rocket accelerates through a large range of speeds. Some whistles either change pitch with the speed, or might only whistle at a narrow range of speeds. So, for a nose or fins mount, you might not hear the blow over whistle during the entire ascent, but only during a portion of it when it hits the sweet spot in speed that it was designed for. Not totally sure about that.

If the terminal velocity of the football turns out to be too high, perhaps buy some foam camping pads and glue a square cutout on the back of the football fins to give it more drag, thus slowing descent.

Back