Weird PC problem

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

qquake2k

Captain Low-N-Slow
Reaction score
This notification pops up every few minutes, saying that space on disk H is getting low. When I open H, it says that it's empty. But when I look at its properties, it says it has 412 MB of content. Anybody know what's up?

error02.jpg

H_02.jpg

H.jpg

Probably hidden files.

Half a gigabyte... is it a small USB stick or some such? I'd reformat it. Low disk space warnings are not unusual in windows if you've actually got <10% free as in this case.

I'd just format the sucker.

Another possibility is that it has stuff on it that's in the recycle bin and not yet cleared off. Empty recycle bin, see if that fixes it.

More info here:

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/faq-...on-or-warning-in-windows-7-how-to-disable-etc

That sounds exactly what it's doing. It did update recently. Sounds like Microsoft will fix it with the next update.

Dear gosh what a fiasco!

I wish I had these people's problems! I thought most of the 512MB drives left in existence ended up as unfound ancient relics lost in people's kitchen sh!t drawers?

Maybe unplug it, throw it away and upgrade to a practical capacity drive?

Oh and Windows 10 huh? Godspeed!

Windows 10; Because Facebook, Twitter, Google and other major harvesters of personal data and destroyers of privacy aren't invasive enough.

I wish I had these people's problems! I thought most of the 512MB drives left in existence ended up as unfound ancient relics lost in people's kitchen sh!t drawers?

Maybe unplug it, throw it away and upgrade to a practical capacity drive?

Oh and Windows 10 huh? Godspeed!

Windows 10; Because Facebook, Twitter, Google and other major harvesters of personal data and destroyers of privacy aren't invasive enough.

It appears from the posts that it's not actually USB drive, but rather a recovery partition on the hard disc, usually hidden, that now has been mounted and is showing up. I hadn't realized that during my first read; I assumed it was a USB flash drive or something similar. But the OP said the "mounting recovery partitions bug" sounds like what's happening.

Back