The Squirrel 2--- almost perfect flight.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BABAR

Builds Rockets for NASA
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
IMG_5610.jpgIMG_5611.jpgIMG_5612.jpgIMG_5613.jpgIMG_5615.jpgIMG_5616.jpgIMG_5620.jpgIMG_5621.jpg

Did a rebuild of my original Squirrel, this time followed the creed of DaddyisaBar (at least ONE of his creeds) and went with more power, little short rocket with a D engine.

Absolutely delighted with the ascent. Got a nice "Squirrelly" corkscrew but the net trajectory was perfectly straight, ejection at Apogee, my piston ejection protector worked great. Landed on grass. "Break a leg" may be good in the theatrical world, wasn't so good when that leg is one of your fins. Already repaired it and ready to fly again.

I used my Canon camera for the video, descent video but really bad wind noise. Sorry about the audio. You can hear Lucy the Rocket Dog at the end, though!

Enjoy!

[video=youtube;rVc1jLu4OVY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVc1jLu4OVY&feature=youtu.be[/video]

A serious squirrel rocket would have ended up in the upper branches of a tall tree.

Congrats on the flight and recovery and being able to repair it.

Back