School demo launch

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Madison Alum

Reaction score
Put on a short demo launch for the kids at Grandview Elementary here in Connersville. Everybody seemed to enjoy. Two hanger queens (Art Applewhite 18mm X-fire and Fliskits Frick n Frack) that would have added some more to the wow factor. Both had pinched igniter wires. The ones that did launch flew great! Art Applewhite 18mm Smiley Face rocket, 18mm Bi-Oc, 24mm Ultra Delta, 18mm Hourglass, 24mm Pinwheel. Fliskits Thing a ma jig. New Way N20 Demon. Estes Solar Sailer clone. Kept everything low, with lots of smoke and noise. Three sixth graders helped chase everything down, and seemed to have a blast.

In the past when I did a couple of rocket launches in school yards for a demo I used a Big Bertha on and A8-3. Talk about low and slow! I also had an all paper rocket with card board fins that went higher but had a small stream and basically just tumbled down. The kids liked the fact that it was so low tech but still flew very well.

Sounds like you had a pretty good launch. Mine were generally limited to just a couple of flights.

Tony

Back