QCRS Hosting Mini Midwest Power May 26 and May 27

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rockdoc

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
QCRS will be hosting Mini Midwest Power in Princeton Illinois

Dates: Saturday May 26th and Sunday May 27th

Waiver to: 15,000k

Hours of launch: Saturday: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm Sunday: 9:00 am - 4:00 pm

Onsite vendors: Wildman Hobbies

Onsite manufacturers: MAC Performance and One Bad Hawk

Hoping to fly my 2 stage again (maybe)... K-1275 to K-550?

I might also be able to get an M-1500 Mojave Green in a 4" bird. :)

Well, let's see. LOC King Viper III on three CTI J145SKLB, WM Interceptor AAD98 on a CTI K735SK, LOC Goblin on AT K456DM. Looks like I'm skidding all weekend...
Polecat Chaos on AT K400C DMS. I've got the WM WildThing Extreme prepped, just haven't built a motor for it yet.

Well, let's see. LOC King Viper III on three CTI J145SKLB, WM Interceptor AAD98 on a CTI K735SK, LOC Goblin on AT K456DM. Looks like I'm skidding all weekend...
Polecat Chaos on AT K400C DMS. I've got the WM WildThing Extreme prepped, just haven't built a motor for it yet.

Those are some awfully small motors your flying...….. just saying...…...

Well, let's see. LOC King Viper III on three CTI J145SKLB

This will be awesome to see... what kind of altitude are you expecting on that?

Unfortunately I won't be there to see it, but you and skidmarks are always in my imagination...

This will be awesome to see... what kind of altitude are you expecting on that?

Unfortunately I won't be there to see it, but you and skidmarks are always in my imagination...

Rough sims place it around 4500' ish :)

We'll be heading out Wednesday. Really looking forward to seeing/flying with everybody. If you have a chance to attend Mini Mid West Power don't let it pass you buy. What a way to get the season started!

We'll be heading out Wednesday. Really looking forward to seeing/flying with everybody. If you have a chance to attend Mini Mid West Power don't let it pass you buy. What a way to get the season started!

Awesome. Looking forward to seeing yous guys... :) Don't forget to swing by and pick up Teddy... :eyeroll:
I got a little bottle of Raizul left that I'll bring along... :wink:

It looks like there will be five of us from the Kloudbusters in Kansas heading that way. We are really looking forward to this launch.

This will be awesome to see, but you and skidmarks are always in my imagination...

Really? And nobody has touched on THIS?

Yeah, I was wonderin how he got a peek at my underoos... :facepalm:
And I hope he isn't touching them... :no:
Unfortunately the L900 won't be making the trip. Apparently you need a nozzle and o-rings to assemble one of those, and my reload kit is a little lacking in that area somehow...
:sad: :sigh:

MMWP is starting to shapeup and should be a blast!

There will be more than a few certification flights, as of now there is one possibly 2, L3 cert flights planned.

There will be a number of L1 and L2 cert flights planned.

Not to mention all of the other flights coming to MMWP.

I'll be there. Hoping to get The Immortal Rocket up for the first time (finally). Or I might bring nothing and enjoy the first weekend off since September.

You fly rockets too? :tongue: :tongue:
You may have to teach me some things. One quick question... Do you think that this elastic shock cord I got in my Estes Bullpup kit will work ok in my Wildman 4" Drago? I'm thinking I might need to of the 12" plastic chutes to bring it down safely, but the shock cord from the Bullpup should be fine, right?

You may have to teach me some things. One quick question... Do you think that this elastic shock cord I got in my Estes Bullpup kit will work ok in my Wildman 4" Drago? I'm thinking I might need two of the 12" plastic chutes to bring it down safely, but the shock cord from the Bullpup should be fine, right?

This is too easy. I'm correcting the spelling of an English teacher (yeah, I know, Literature Teacher... As if there's a difference... :tongue: ) :wink:
But you're all good on the shockcord. Estes is including those OBH harnesses in those kits now, right?

We still have 1/4 rod we can set up or should I bring own?
I know we used too not sure if we saved any during last cleaning
Thanks

Wish I could make it this weekend. The garage overhaul got the best of me this winter and I'm burnt out on projects right now... But slowly kicking back into gear. Don't have much to fly these days but I certainly hope to make MWP this year... So long as everything has calmed down from the wedding in mid-October... Really hope to tow my dad along this time!

Back