Estes Alpha 3 Rocksim file request

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello all, does anybody have a RockSim file for the Estes Alpha 3, the Orange and black with the hollow nosecone (#1256) rocket with the plastic fins? All of the files I have found have the balsa fins. I could build my own, but my Alpha is already assembled so I can't get exact measurements and weights. Thanks.

Greg

This is an Alpha III file I made in Open Rocket which works very well with respect to predicted altitudes. There are some compromises to make it work. For example, OR doesn't support fins that taper in thickness from root to tip as the Alpha III's do, so I've chosen an intermediate value. This file also has a PerfectFlite FireFly stuck up in the nose cone - you will likely want to delete that for your use.

I have used OR's ability to save as a RockSim file but I can't vouch for how well it translates as I've been unable to get RockSim to run on my new Mac and so can't check it here...... :(

View attachment Alpha III.rkt

Back