Re-birth of PML Callisto

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UPscaler

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Hey everyone! I've done more build threads on TRF than I care to remember. However, I have decided to do the next evolution of the build thread (not really, as Tony Alcocer did it years ago). Anyway, as part of my living is made from youtube videos anyway, I decided to start documenting our builds in weekly "vlogs". We are also going to try to make some long, well edited videos of some launches we attend, as the loss of Liberty Launch Systems was a real downer for me!

We hope you'll join us on this journey. If you'd subscribe we'd really appreciate it! I'll be posting videos in place of pictures as if it were a classic build thread.

Starting with the second video in the series, however.

[YOUTUBE]WMpQi_Z26ic[/YOUTUBE]

Braden

Last edited:
Making a fin guide from payloadbay.com is easy, and guarantees that the fins are all on straight if you make the guide carefully.

That was the plan, but we just moved here and a bunch of stuff is still at the old place. Including my calipers (considering the additional thickness of the fiberglass) and my printer, so we went old school!

Braden

Alright, this one features a TON of body filler and sanding, but produces a pretty nice finish! You can't tell there's any glass on the airframe, which is exactly what was trying to be produced.

[youtube]2MPzujmneAA[/youtube]

Braden

Back