TRIPOLI MEDFORD

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tyler_flaherty

Reaction score
Tripoli Medford will be launching in Medford Oklahoma on Jun 2nd and 3rd if anyone is looking for a weekend out.
The waiver is to 12,900 AGL.
Thanks

Since this is a 2 day event I've a few questions for those that haven't ever been there. Have you been able to get permission for onsite camping? Primitive or otherwise. Also are there any good eateries in town for the "Hunger impaired".

There is one rv hookup on site. I will check into seeing if we can stay iut tjere...and there are a ciuple good places in town to eat.depening on what you want

Suggestion... Perhaps the title of thread should be changed to "TRIPOLI MEDFORD, OKLAHOMA", "TRIPOLI MEDFORD, OK" (or something similar).

According to Wikipedia, they have 12 places (10 in the US, 2 in Canada) around the world named "Medford", three called "Medford Township", then there's "Medford Lakes" in NJ, and "Medford Hall" in the UK (which I am going to guess is likely the place name origin of all the others).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medford

If/When I return for good (or a serious amount of time) to the Rogue Valley (pronounced /rōɡ/ like the word for "lovable maverick", not like the French word for "red" (which BTW is spelled "rouge" and pronounced /ro͞oZH/)), I'll be looking for a rocketry club in the area. If I find that there isn't one, I'll try founding one. NAR or Tripoli, I haven't decided. I like NAR for having the magazine, I like Tripoli for having global reach.

The word 'Medford' at least to me, and probably a lot of old timers, simply means 'Oklahoma.' It's where I originally certified in the early 90's and where many of the original high power launches took place. Back then you were simply 'confirmed', there were no Levels of certification. Confirm on an H and buy and M :D.

I have my 10 que lpr launch controller working and a 5 que launch rack I can bring.

One week left before my first launch of the year. Tyler what is the impulse limit there? A K?

Announced to Tulsa Rocketry and had a few questions that I've answered. Time to repack my Blazer and hopefully give it an oil & filter change. A few more purchases and I'll be ready to roll.

Ugh my battery died, so I put off the oil/filter change for now.
For those of you flying with us tomorrow bring fluids, headgear, fluids, sunscreen, insect repellant(the chiggers are bad) and did I say fluids?
I almost put this off, my tire n tube came today for my bike instead of next week. The poor thing has been sitting for over a year, unridden and unloved.

Sorry I could not make it either, had to wait around for an emergency Home AC repair, unit died last night.

Back