Molotow Premium Low Pressure Rattle Cans

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OC_Rocket_Man

Reaction score
Molotow low pressure rattle cans.. Very high pigment density and 200+ colors to choose from.

Did a TRF search and only found a couple references to it. Anyone with experience?

I don't have any hands on the specific product you are talking about, however I have the Molotow liquid chrome in pen and refill format for a airbrush. I have yet to use them mainly due to the cold weather which is finally changing, but when I do I will likely post some results and a quick review. If you try the product please post some results.

I did try another high pigment rattle can, Plutonium and the base colours I used are amazing, however I have not had good results with the clear yet so you might want to use the clear with caution.

The chrome pen and refill put into an airbrush is actually the only reference I've come across so far of modelers using Molotow.

I'm interested in technique as compared to Rusto 2x. Graffiti guys spray close and thick at one time vs. how we layer Rusto in multiple coats 5-10 minutes apart. So watching their youtube demos hasn't been much help.

ArtPrimo has 200+ colors for $6.95/can shipping out of Seattle. Little more than Rusto but not insanely more. https://artprimo.com/catalog/belton-molotow-premium-c-26_35.html They also have a color comparison tool and a pantone match list for much of the product line.

I'm looking at Sahara Beige Middle or Camel to come close to something like South African/Bristish Standard light stone. I also like the Linda's Sunset orange, Anthracite Grey as well as some of the blues

I don't have any hands on the specific product you are talking about, however I have the Molotow liquid chrome in pen and refill format for a airbrush. I have yet to use them mainly due to the cold weather which is finally changing, but when I do I will likely post some results and a quick review. If you try the product please post some results.

I did try another high pigment rattle can, Plutonium and the base colours I used are amazing, however I have not had good results with the clear yet so you might want to use the clear with caution.

:y: It's in the 90's here already!

Yeah I know, that doesn't help.

:y: It's in the 90's here already!

Yeah I know, that doesn't help.

One of the reasons I figured TRFers would have tried Molotow is their all season claim - "patented MOLOTOW™ technology: anti-drip™, no-dust™, covers-all™, all-season™ (-10°C until +50°C) "

​-10C

I'm also looking at the Montana Gold line. They have an entire range of products. Including regular primer, plastic primer, gloss varnish, transparent holographic glitter. 215 colors.

And a spray can of acetone that you can take the caps off the spray cans when you are finished, attach them to the acetone can, give them a quick burst to clean them out.

I'm also looking at the Montana Gold line. They have an entire range of products. Including regular primer, plastic primer, gloss varnish, transparent holographic glitter. 215 colors.

And a spray can of acetone that you can take the caps off the spray cans when you are finished, attach them to the acetone can, give them a quick burst to clean them out.

So I ended up going with the Montana Gold line. They have 200+ colors, a plastic primer and a regular primer, a whole range of opaque metallics as well as transparent metallics, a couple different transparent glitters and a line of varnishes.

From looking online and talking to the guy in the graffiti art section at the store I went to, they are claiming this paint is dry enough in 1 hour to mask as well as spray a different color. I'm going to test that theory on a spare body tube I have first. If it works, that is a huge selling point for me.

I wondering if I should use the plastic primer on PML QT?

I'm very interested in seeing your results. Please keep us posted!

I will. I bought all the stuff from ArtSupplyWarehouse. They have free shipping over $75 and all the Gold cans are $6.95. I picked it up in Westminster just to look and ask questions. The guy there claimed the colors in the Gold line closely match the cap colors.

https://www.artsupplywarehouse.com/finelineDisplay.php?id=319033 - Here's the paints

https://www.artsupplywarehouse.com/finelineDisplay.php?id=319034 - This page has the varnishes, primers, cap cleaner and glitters

The holographic glitter they recommend spraying over a dark base. So I went with Nautilus Blue that I think the holographic glitter will look sweet over. They also say there's no problems spraying gloss varnish over the glitters and metallics...it's actually encouraged to enhance the effects.

I'm stoked that it's an entire line built to work together.

I have used both Molotow and all of the Montana lines. The Montana color palate is amazing. I cannot stress this clearly enough... I cannot paint. I have failed to achieve desired results with every brand imagineable...EXCEPT Molotow.

My first attempt with Montana Gold, I had to sand back down to primer...twice. And I need to do it a third time. After my first rocket using Molotow, I thought it was a fluke, or dumb luck. That is not the case. The second rocket was again flawless on the first try. The first rocket was kraft with plastic cone, the second rocket was all fiberglass.

Motow paint almost paints itself right out of the can. Thin, smooth coat. Full coverage. No runs or sags. And it is durable. I am a believer. The only paint that has ever come even close is cost-prohibitive Testors.

Cheers,
Michael

I have used both Molotow and all of the Montana lines. The Montana color palate is amazing. I cannot stress this clearly enough... I cannot paint. I have failed to achieve desired results with every brand imagineable...EXCEPT Molotow.

My first attempt with Montana Gold, I had to sand back down to primer...twice. And I need to do it a third time. After my first rocket using Molotow, I thought it was a fluke, or dumb luck. That is not the case. The second rocket was again flawless on the first try. The first rocket was kraft with plastic cone, the second rocket was all fiberglass.

Motow paint almost paints itself right out of the can. Thin, smooth coat. Full coverage. No runs or sags. And it is durable. I am a believer. The only paint that has ever come even close is cost-prohibitive Testors.

Cheers,
Michael

Interesting.

Well if I fail with Montana Gold I'll try the Molotow. Molotow was obviously what I was originally going after, but I read so many good things about Montana Gold, they have the whole system of primers/paints/metallics/coatings that work together and I found a place to scoop it up fairly local and got to check the actual colors so that's the way I went.

Since you like Molotow, you should order this free color chart from Bombing Science. https://shop.bombingscience.com/free-color-chart.html Might be useful to you sometime.

Back