Wildman 3 DD

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Qman15

Reaction score
I just got this kit. Anyone ever built one. Any pitfalls, going to go for my level 2 Tripoli with this rocket.

I just got this kit. Anyone ever built one. Any pitfalls, going to go for my level 2 Tripoli with this rocket.
Great rocket. Follow Jim Hendrickson's build instructions for 3FNC rockets and it will be a great rocket for you for a long time. If I were doing L2 with one, I would fly it on a J275 or J415 54mm motor. But I love while lightning propellant.

I forgot to include the MMT in mine and it has flown to 20,000'+ on an M650. It truly is a great rocket.

--Lance.

Last edited:
Yea, great rocket. I built it with HED deploy. Then turned it into 2 stage. Stability not an issue. Like Lance says, follow crazy Jims build thread (or the instructions).

put the aeropack tailcone retainer. Then fly it on the CTI L985. You'll get 12000 feet....
ask me how I know, Sudden Black, my avitar.....on it's way up on one of my L985 flights

Great rocket. Follow Jim Hendrickson's build instructions for 3FNC rockets and it will be a great rocket for you for a long time. If I were doing L2 with one, I would fly it on a J275 or J415 54mm motor. But I love while lightning propellant.

I forgot to include the MMT in mine and it has flown to 20,000'+ on an M650. It truly is a great rocket.

--Lance.

I love the Smoky Sams and Skidmarkk

Back