How bad or obvious is this?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am not a Nike Smoke expert but that looks pretty good to me. Is it the direction of the lettering in the top picture? That would be fine if the it were not held upside-down in the picture.

If you're talking about the lettering direction, I think that's actually right. They were designed to be read in the cradle.

Is this the problem?
kerning.png

Honestly, they really are spaced a little to far apart.

Then again, other models in pics look the same as yours do. Apparently, my version of "stencil" font is different.

United States.jpg

Last edited:
Unless you're entering a scale contest, go fly and have fun. Let the trees worry about font size when they finally grab it.

Honestly, they really are spaced a little to far apart.

Then again, other models in pics look the same as yours do. Apparently, my version of "stencil" font is different.

that version of the stencils has serifs the few pics of actual Nike Smoke rockets I have seen have no serifs also in your stencil font the A is too close to the Ts in states.
nike-smoke-sounding-rocket-apr-1968-american-aircraft-modeler-2.jpg

Last edited:
Unless you're entering a scale contest, go fly and have fun. Let the trees worry about font size when they finally grab it.
I am actually a little worried about putting the decal from the BT60 kit on my PSII rocket :bang: the bigger font on a smaller rocket might not be that bad but the smaller font on the big rocket is just going to be silly

Last edited:
I am actually a little worried about putting the decal from the BT60 kit on my PSII rocket :bang: the bigger font on a smaller rocket might not be that bad but the smaller font on the big rocket is just going to be silly

Five bucks and an email to Stickershock alleviates a lot of worry.

Back