• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

BSD THOR 3"

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arsenal78

Reaction score
Looking for a BSD THOR 3 kit if anyone has one. I know the 4" one is still around but I'm looking for the 3" version that used to be made.

That is pretty ancient. I suspect you might need to part it yourself.

That is pretty ancient. I suspect you might need to part it yourself.
The 3" has been reffered to as the "lightweight" Thor. Our local club president flies one every so often. The construction was something like Estes 3" PSII airframe with couplers to double the airframe. Its pretty light and flies great. Another member of our club built one from BT101 and flies it on G and H motors at FAR101 restricted launches. Cloning it might be the only option thses days.

They were at Hellfire 23 this year, and I bought a Thor and an Honest John. They will be fun to build sometime this fall/winter...

I scratchbuilt a Thor-38 which was the NSL 2008 commemorative kit. 29mm mount in a 38mm frame. Flies too high for our local field though so it’s a shelf king atm. The LOC Athena 3 isn’t quite as long as the old 3” Thor though so scratchbuilding that might be the only way. I did acquire an older 4” Thor kit and I plan to get my L2 with it. Not really a fan of the full color name wrap the new ones come with and yellow colored fin decals. Might see if Scott can cut me a set of the older ones.

Here’s a pic of my Thor-38

Attachments

• FBAE1352-3601-4E36-AB8A-B12EC59F2E6A.jpeg
    FBAE1352-3601-4E36-AB8A-B12EC59F2E6A.jpeg
    45.9 KB · Views: 27
EF5300AF-B3D5-432B-9ED0-80240FEE6446.jpeg Here’s my 4” Thor. Just started a week or so ago. 7ft of pure beauty

Scott is planning to attend SodBlaster in Pasco, WA on Labor Day Weekend (at least thats what he told me :)), last year I got to watch him fly the ArrowX prototypes and the 4" Thor prototype (for the new version, currently being made), he also flew the Fusion prototype at another of our launches since he only lives 45mins away.

It's the 4" - all the kits he had were 4"

That's what I thought, we see Scott at some of our launches and he hadn't said anything about a 3" kit like the OP was asking after. I am just glad to see the Thor back. For those not aware Scott owns Binder Sign in Walla Walla, and afaik makes all the wraps and vinyl for the kits he sells, so getting a set of Thor vinyl for a 3" may be as easy as just emailing him via Fusion Rockets or through his sign business.

Back