Certification of Quest C14 and D16 plus motor files

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

markkoelsch

Reaction score
Hello,

Tripoli Motor Test has tested and certified the new Quest C14 and D16 motors. The certification letters follow:

View attachment Quest D16 TMT Cert letter 5-12-18.pdf
View attachment Quest C14 TMT Cert letter 5-12-18.pdf

Additionally, I have created motor files for these new motors. The complete Quest motor files in both rasp and Rocksim versions can be found at my website, https://www.rocketryfiles.com/?p=home&d=FlightSimulation/MotorFiles/ Both the username and password are guest. Additionally, if you would like to download the individual motor files they are available on Thrustcurve.

Any questions or comments please let me know. Enjoy!

Looks like the C16 is has a slight Total Ns over the Estes C motors, but the Estes D12 has slightly more total Ns than the Quest motor. That being said both Estes Motors are 24mm and weigh more than the 18mm Q-Jets. I think each type will still have its place. Thanks for all the work Mark, we do appreciate the impact keeping these files up takes on your personal time.

Quest D16, 18 mm? When you absolutely, positively want to make your Estes rocket go away.......
Can't wait to fly it in my SR71, though!

Quest D16, 18 mm? When you absolutely, positively want to make your Estes rocket go away.......
Can't wait to fly it in my SR71, though!

Haha yeah, well I need them for a heavy Dual Deploy Estes executioner with a 3-18mm cluster.

Mark, this is great stuff.

Silly question, though: are the cert letters for the A3 and B4 posted somewhere here? Perhaps my skills with search aren’t up to snuff, but I haven’t found them. I’d love to see the data summaries on them.

Thank you again for all the hard work you do for all of us.

The A3 and B4 cert letters are not posted. I could do that once I get home tonight. I mostly posted these as I knew it was a hot topic of discussion.

The A3 and B4 cert letters are not posted. I could do that once I get home tonight. I mostly posted these as I knew it was a hot topic of discussion.

Thanks, Mark. I’d appreciate it if you could. They have data similar to what one finds on the NAR site for each certified motor - data I, for one, find very useful.

Last edited:
Back