Wives and mothers deserve our support this weekend.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cwbullet

Obsessed with Rocketry
Staff member
Administrator
Global Mod
Reaction score
Soon I will return to the east coast. Both my wife and mother have supported my rocketry hobby. My mother died last fall. My wife continues to support rocketry as a flyer and as the club secretary. My point is that the time of our moms and wives is limited so lets honor them this weekend.

If you mom is alive, spend time with her.

My Mom was an engineer, she loved our hobby but she is gone. My wife supported all I ever wanted: a nice shop, tools, rockets, etc. I am grateful for all things. I am especially grateful she is my partner and soulmate. I try to give her a life she deserves.

Dave: God bless your mom - what ever god she believed in! Thanks for sharing.

Soon I will return to the east coast. Both my wife and mother have supported my rocketry hobby. My mother died last fall. My wife continues to support rocketry as a flyer and as the club secretary. My point is that the time of our moms and wives is limited so lets honor them this weekend.

If you mom is alive, spend time with her.

Good post.

Whether they like rocketry or not, moms and wives are the best! Sisters are OK too, even if it takes a few decades to come around to that idea...

I’ve had some reasons lately to realize how much these women in our lives mean to us and how temporary what you take for granted can be. So give the ladies a big hug this weekend.

Dave: God bless your mom - what ever god she believed in! Thanks for sharing.

Mom was an amazing lady. Worked as an engineer-in-training at China Lake Proving Ground. They designed and built the new generation of anti-tank rockets for the Korean War. They assembled them in the hallway on hospital gurneys and then out to the trucks!

Mom made some silk parachutes for my brothers project in 1965: a scratch-built from Centuri parts with 3 Fs staging to a single F.
That's when she was an engineer at Savannah River Plant designing fuels. Her team made the fuel spheres for the RIG powerpack on the Voyager probes.

rocketmen.jpg

Wouldn't be who I am am or know what I know without my mother. She is 85 and still going strong. In a week and a half, my family is taking her down to the Smithsonian for a day hanging out and seeing the sights.

Back