Luck Never Changes

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woody's Workshop

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Just got back from the vet.
My Tasha, JRT of 12 years, had a stroke and the vet couldn't do anything but put her out of her misery.
It couldn't come at a worse time, just as we are starting to get our lives back together after the fire.
Now I owe the vet $100. When will it end???

Woody,

I'm a firm believer that pets are family. I'm sorry to hear about your loss.

Yes, I can't remember a time in my life I didn't have at least one dog.
In my 20's I raised German Shepard's for a few years, then Samoyed's for a few.
I always had a beagle for rabbit hunting up until a year before we lost the house in 2013.
In 1996 I got my first JRT, pure white, short hair JRT. She lived with me and my then family, then I was asked to leave I took Daisy with me.
In 2006 at age 10 she had been on meds for seizures for a couple years and had been fixed.
Vet told me they often get mean in later years when fixed, so I no longer fix any pet.
But I also don't let them run freely, being a previous responsible breeder.
June 6, 2006 Daisy bit our son Josh in the eye for no reason at all other than he was within her reach of the leash. He was 3.
I had to put her down that same day, I could not tolerate a mean dog, especially one that bites family for no reason. And a child at that.
2 days later I came home with a tri color long coat, Tasha, who was blonde on the head. Only blonde that did me no wrong!
I would have brought her home the very next day, but I didn't think I would find one so quick and didn't take the check book to work.
Tasha was with us almost 12 years. She had just had her 12th birthday April 2nd. We all still suffer from a broken heart and miss her.
My wife drove us to the vet as squeezed her chest to keep her breathing and alive, but it didn't help the matter in the end.
After reviewing with the vet, she thinks she probably had a brain tumor. With the signs I described for the previous 3 days with diminishing eye sight and always under our feet.
She must have been experiencing some major head aches and pain. It grew to the point it put pressure on her optic nerve, then spinal cord.
Which led to the stroke and seizure.

It took me a week, but I found a new family member and we are busy with her and it helps aid in mending our broken hearts from Tasha.
My brother is a Greyhound Rescuer and he is like me and can't ever remember being without a dog. He was always with me in his young teens with the Samoyed's.
He know's how much of a family member Tasha was and he grieves for her too. When he comes for visits he missed his babies and spoiled Tasha.
He sent me some funds that I can pay back at my leisure (If I can ever afford it) for a new family member.
It wasn't enough, but I did manage to bring home A-Pachies, Almost pure whine, short hair female JRT on Tuesday Evening.
Our son Josh and I went North of Lake City, MI to a breeder (jrtjohn) and we had a choice of 2 females. I let my son choose, I could not. I wanted both. The thing is, their birthday is Feb. 26th, the day after mine. It will be easy to remember.
(If you visit his site, click on 2018 at the top left and scroll down to the picture 3rd picture from the bottom to she our new family member)
He chose the one with a little brown around the right eye. Reminded me of how the Apachie Indians use to do it in war paint.
Josh said we should call her Patch for the patch on here eye, but I said that was more of a males name.
As we were on our way home, we discussed the name and he suggested Patches.
We agreed to Pachies which sounds more female. I call her A-Pachie. I think it is really neat.

Unfortunately, she rarely hers her name. Everybody callers her precious or dolly or baby doggie, but rarely Pachies.
So who will know what she will become obedient to, I guess we will let her decide.
I still owe John some money on A-Pachies so any rocket sales would be greatly appreciated.
I hope my story doesn't offend anyone, but as one door closes, one has to open.
Too many closed doors in our face lately without many opening up for us.
This one means much more than you can imagine.

He made it twelve years. It's sad to see them go, but you will find another dog someday that acts like that one. Luck does change. Think of this whole horrid experience as a new adventure in life. It'll get better and you'll rebuild the family and have a new home someday and a better job again. Just hang in there. More doors will open. You've already hit rock bottom. So think of it this way, it just can't get worse because you've been through the worst but you gotta stay strong.

My first dog as a adult was Rescue, he died at 18 of old age. We went quite a while until we got another dally, this one a female. technically, she's Lots of Spots to the Rescue "Ember" but she can't hear her name - a week after we got her we figured out she's totally deaf. The breeder offered to buy her back, but we knew what that meant for her. She's learned about 20 hand commands, and best for all she's not bothered by rockets - at all!

Back