Finished up my Goblin

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice rocket!! These little ones are fun to build.

IMG_0446.JPG

I can't find very many small/micro rockets. I have the mini mosquito (on order), 220 swift and the star trooper. Can't find much else, preferably in a 13mm BT. Don't know where to look. Any help??

Unfortunately, I don't think anyone offers an MMX kit with a 13mm BT. Your best bet is to scratch build.

I can't find very many small/micro rockets. I have the mini mosquito (on order), 220 swift and the star trooper. Can't find much else, preferably in a 13mm BT. Don't know where to look. Any help??

Tbmx, I think you are mixing up the mini engine powered rockets (13mm motor) with the Micro Maxx powered rockets. The only two major kit manufacturers left for Micro Maxx are Fliskits and Semroc (erockets). Aerospace Specialty Products has one or two kits. But Fliskits will be closing in a few months, so if you are interested in any of their Micro Maxx kits you should act fast.

https://www.fliskits.com/products/01prod_fs.htm

As they near closing, the product line will be thinned out as kits become discontinued.

Last edited:
Swifts, Mosquito's and just about any 13mm motor mount rocket CAN be converted to fly on MMX motors. I do it all the time. 13mm is about a large as one wants to go with a single MMX-II motor but if you cluster MMX-II's just about any body size can be incorporated. I've gone as far as 12 motors with no problem using a Relay ignition system and pyrogen tipped igniters I dip myself.

As far as finding kits: Yes most of the major supplies have limited kits especially since Fliskits is winding down but Simroc should be picking up some of the slack. Over on the Micro-Max rockets yahoo group I have over 150 different one page plans for Micro models that are open to anyone downloading for their building pleasure. I'm well over 250 different micro models in my current micro maxx fleet all of which are viewable in the Galleries forum here. If you need a plan for one of the model's not already uploaded I'll be happy to e-mail a pdf if you'll send me a note to [email protected]
Hope this helps a little & keep em flyin Micronized!

What are those three rockets?
I like the one in the middle, but what are the other two?
Is it a scratch build, or a kit?

Thanks,
The other two look to be parts of a Estes Nike Apache, the green one is a Estes Star Trooper.

Back