• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Really Big Nose Cones

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PBic

Reaction score
Not mine, but for those with a large project in mind. Bonus! Two for the price of... well, two. They're 14" in diameter and 52" in length. According to the response I received from the seller, the weight is 28 lbs each. The seller has them listed under furniture. They do not look comfortable.

https://www.1stdibs.com/furniture/m...de290c84c3c6b1e966c1e52eff2b1c83f19e652d81405

military_rocket_nose_cone_plane_ww21_master.jpg

NOTE: I have no affiliation with the seller.

Paul B.

I got a "little" something in the works at 12.5 inches dia. right now....the wife looked at the BT in my den last night, and asked: "What the hell is that?"

12. 5 " - unfortunately, I think that is as big as I can go for awhile.

Dan at Python Rocketry is your friend, i.e., can/will do anything large regardless of shape at a far lower cost than shown above.

Make great yard art if you can complete the rest of the rocket.
Or...you could bury them 1/2 way point down and make a planter out of them.
Or cut a section out and make seats out of them.
Wonder what they are made of. And what they were suppose to be to.

Dan at Python Rocketry is your friend, i.e., can/will do anything large regardless of shape at a far lower cost than shown above.

Yes indeed! He built the one pictured above. The shoulder fits the 12.625" ID perfectly and it has a 4" PML phenolic tube for avionics and a recovery attachment point.

Thank you very much for the endorsement. I could and would - thebigger and stranger, the better. See the recent launches at Red Glare - 47.5" diameter yellow submarine nose cone, with it's own 12 " cone for the center tube. Bourbonroc - fun to build and strange.

Unfortunately, I am currently fighting a brain cancer and can't really do any nose cone work. I am many months behind on previous orders and can't say exactly when or if they will get finished. I can't take any new orders till I am back in action, hopefully soon but don't know.
I appreciate all the confidence, many of you have placed in me. I really had fun figuring out and building all those cones.hopefully back soon.

Thank you very much for the endorsement. I could and would - thebigger and stranger, the better. See the recent launches at Red Glare - 47.5" diameter yellow submarine nose cone, with it's own 12 " cone for the center tube. Bourbonroc - fun to build and strange.

Unfortunately, I am currently fighting a brain cancer and can't really do any nose cone work. I am many months behind on previous orders and can't say exactly when or if they will get finished. I can't take any new orders till I am back in action, hopefully soon but don't know.
I appreciate all the confidence, many of you have placed in me. I really had fun figuring out and building all those cones.hopefully back soon.

I wish the best for you!

Dan, so sorry to hear... My health issues pale in comparison. Hoping for the very best for you and yours!

-Tim

Best wishes to you.

All my prayers are with you Dan..
Keep your mind in a positive place..
We'll see you at a launch again soon...

Teddy

Thank you all for your good wishes. I am planning on going to mini midwest power, my son is driving me and my trailer. If everything is going well at the time, I may even fly that big yellow rocket for L3. I think it's important to keep up with as much of your normal life as possible when things like this happen to you, and never give up.

Thank you all for your good wishes. I am planning on going to mini midwest power, my son is driving me and my trailer. If everything is going well at the time, I may even fly that big yellow rocket for L3. I think it's important to keep up with as much of your normal life as possible when things like this happen to you, and never give up.

Dan,,
You're very correct,,
Never, ever give up..
And keep a positive attitude,,
that is sometimes easier said then done,
but is nonetheless very important...
My prayers are with you..

Teddy

Anybody know how Dan is doing? Sent him an email a few days ago but haven't heard back.

Back