Which Diameter Poll

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which Diameter do you prefer?

• 75mm

• 54mm

• 38mm

Results are only viewable after voting.

REK

TRF Sponsor
Reaction score
Had to use the website version to start this poll. Again which one do you guys prefer most.

• 75mm
  • 54mm
  • 38mm

are you talking motors or rocket body size?

That’s a great question, because the answer is body tube, but I assumed motor mount. I also thought it might be neither of these two things, but in that case, the question wouldn’t be about “diameter” — it would have used the term “girth”.

Because he has been trying to make and sell carbon fiber tubes, I simply assumed he was asking what size of carbon fiber tubes he should make next. They could be used for body tubes or motor mount tubes.

I picked 38mm because that is the size of most of my current rocket body diameters. I feel like I will probably start moving up to 54mm as my new go to size due to the fact that 38mm is starting to get small when I try to pack a Altimeter and chute release in the tube with the recovery components.

Because he has been trying to make and sell carbon fiber tubes, I simply assumed he was asking what size of carbon fiber tubes he should make next. They could be used for body tubes or motor mount tubes.

This is mostly the case for market research purposes. Like you mentioned it could be for both. That said, it looks like 75mm is winning. I assume it is because you can either go 75mm, 54mm, 38mm and in some cases even go with 29mm as your motor mount options.

75mm should provide you with the highest profit per tube sold. I voted for 38mm, but if I was making tubes I wouldn't start there.

Thank you for the responses so far. Looks like 75mm is the winner in my book.

Back