Vintage Estes Voyager II build

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SCIGS30

Reaction score
Here is my next vintage build, have not seen too many of these built but looks like a cool rocket. The parts are in pretty good shape but Estes used soft balsa in this kit. Oh well, that is what you get when you built vintage kits. I know some of you have asked me to scan the parts and decals, but currently I do not have a scanner. I don't know when I will buying one so sorry about not scanning my current builds.

DSC_0265 (1280x851).jpg

DSC_0266 (1280x851).jpg

DSC_0273 (1280x851).jpg

I made one of these awhile ago! GREAT rocket! I even flew it on an AT 18mm D10. I gave it away and now miss it! Enjoy the build!!
Andrew

:smile: Also don't forget to post photos!!!!

Can we all pitch in to buy a scanner for SCIGS30?

That's funny about the scanner. I am having work done in the office at home so when it is complete I will buy a scanner. I want to buy a larger scanner so I can also scan my freeflight plans, and right now I don't have anywhere to place a large scanner until the room is done.
I have the Voyager II all built with 3 coats of balsa sealer and she is ready for paint.

DSC_0267 (1280x851).jpg

DSC_0270 (1280x851).jpg

Another fast vintage build, no major issues, even the vintage decals went on well. After 3 coats of sealer I sprayed Old Krylon Glossy white and Old Krylon gloss black for the nose.

DSC_0268 (1280x851).jpg

DSC_0271 (1280x851).jpg

DSC_0277 (1280x851).jpg

The NASA worm, love it or hate it, it has burrowed itself into the heart of USA space exploration history.

Lordy! That is beautiful! I miss mine!! I am glad I gave it away but sometimes I miss it! Nice build! Well done!
Andrew

Back