Need to sell some kits fast

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woody's Workshop

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Hi all,
Most of you know the fire one month ago.
We lost a lot of food from smoke and water damage, and things in the freezer.
The Bridge Card isn't due until the 17th, and we are short on food.
I beg anyone that can purchase some kits to please help us by buying some kits, so we can eat for the next couple weeks.
I know a few of the members have helped us out tremendously, and we are so grateful and can't express our thanks enough.
I also know I am asking a lot from all of you.
I'm doing my best, I've sold all but the handed down firearms, Tina has even sold jewelry to the local jewelry shop.
I've got a host of things, mostly my tools, listed on Craig's List but things are not selling even though I have them listed really cheap.
My rockets are in storage, but I have a spread sheet list of all the kits.
Just Email me at [email protected] and I will send you the list.
I can go to the storage and take pictures to send of the one's anyone is interested in.
I will work with anyone on price, the more anyone buy's the cheaper I'll let them go.
Thank You All Kindly for everything!
John

Have you tried the local food pantry? Reed City Area Ministerial Association Reed City Food Pantry. 831 South Chestnut. Open Tuesday and Thursdays 1-4PM

Please forgive for asking but I don't know your financial situation but do you have any other form of income besides what items you're selling on various forum platforms?

Have you tried the local food pantry? Reed City Area Ministerial Association Reed City Food Pantry. 831 South Chestnut. Open Tuesday and Thursdays 1-4PM

Yeup, you have to get visit vouchers from DHS. Tina got some after the fire. They mostly have canned and boxed foods. Just about all we've been eating for the last month.

Nope, not right now Sir, unfortunately.
Is there a Aerotek staffing center up there in Michigan near where you live or online? It's not exactly fun work, I had a blast, but they do industrial staffing for automotive factories and all kinds of heavy industry. They do contracting services for VW, GM, and dozens of other companies. They usually will take a high school diploma and a resume' if those didn't get burned up in the fire. They have all kinds of positions and helped me get an engineering internship last year when I was having financial issues funding a school project. It was 11 hour shifts standing. I only had to do excel work with timers but I got paid double what a factory machine operator got as an engineer intern. Easiest six grand I got in month. You'll meet new people and learn new things. I enjoyed it. It beat not working. Many people liked the factory over the courier jobs because it was air conditioned and slightly higher pay. They do training too if you need a forklift certification or other requirements. Some of these factories have 20,000 people shifts and a massive turnover rate from people hating walking underground into a hole for hours at a time. For the factory machine operators they do three week on the job paid training. The ones that stayed for awhile had the option to move from contractor operator to a company main line operator with a pay increase to $44k+ which wasn't bad for chunking parts into a robot loading bay door. The factory workers said worse of FedEx and UPS. The real smart ones asked the mechanics a bunch of questions and learned how to pass team leader exams for advanced positions. So they had a way to move up in pay and had very good health benefits for entire family.

They will tell you all contractors are expendable up front. They expect show up on time. Many contractors worked harder than the main line operators. Even the contractor benefits were okay. You'll do better than slightly get by. There is such a high turnover rate in the factory positions that there are always job openings if you know what staffing firms to ask. If you want a higher salary look into the quality control contractor or mechanic positions. Some of these companies will send you abroad for very technical training. Good money. Paid everything. Moving. Living. Benefits. If your info got burned up, they might take you off the street. Mom described giving people a chance at FedEx when she worked HR management when they said they were homeless/unemployed etc when they acted serious and ready to work. If you tell the right person you lost everything in a fire they might be more willing to help you get a job.

Is there a Aerotek staffing center up there in Michigan near where you live or online? It's not exactly fun work, I had a blast, but they do industrial staffing for automotive factories and all kinds of heavy industry. They do contracting services for VW, GM, and dozens of other companies. They usually will take a high school diploma and a resume' if those didn't get burned up in the fire. They have all kinds of positions and helped me get an engineering internship last year when I was having financial issues funding a school project. It was 11 hour shifts standing. I only had to do excel work with timers but I got paid double what a factory machine operator got as an engineer intern. Easiest six grand I got in month. You'll meet new people and learn new things. I enjoyed it. It beat not working. Many people liked the factory over the courier jobs because it was air conditioned and slightly higher pay. They do training too if you need a forklift certification or other requirements. Some of these factories have 20,000 people shifts and a massive turnover rate from people hating walking underground into a hole for hours at a time. For the factory machine operators they do three week on the job paid training. The ones that stayed for awhile had the option to move from contractor operator to a company main line operator with a pay increase to $44k+ which wasn't bad for chunking parts into a robot loading pay door. The factory workers said worse of FedEx and UPS. The real smart ones asked the mechanics a bunch of questions and learned how to pass team leader exams for advanced positions. So they had a way to move up in pay and had very good health benefits for entire family.

They will tell you all contractors are expendable up front. They expect show up on time. Many contractors worked harder than the main line operators. Even the contractor benefits were okay. You'll do better than slightly get by. There is such a high turnover rate in the factory positions that there are always job openings if you know what staffing firms to ask. If you want a higher salary look into the quality control contractor or mechanic positions. Some of these companies will send you abroad for very technical training. Good money. Paid everything. Moving. Living. Benefits. If your info got burned up, they might take you off the street. Mom described giving people a chance at FedEx when she worked HR management when they said they were homeless/unemployed etc when they acted serious and ready to work. If you tell the right person you lost everything in a fire they might be more willing to help you get a job.

There you go John. It sounds like s great opportunity

If you can post the spreadsheet here, or copy the list into a post, that would be better.

I'm really sorry to hear about your troubles, Woody. You've had a rough string of luck.

Woody, did you get my last email to you?

[EDIT] Apparently not... I must have been having internet access problems at that time, as it appears not to have been sent.

Woody, did you get my last email to you?

[EDIT] Apparently not... I must have been having internet access problems at that time, as it appears not to have been sent.

We've been having storms here today (Thursday) and the internet has been intermittent at times.
I just sent you Email about 9:30pm est.
I'll be heading to the storage late am on Friday.

Not to sound mean but I think the OP was turned down for disability. If I'm wrong, apologies in advance.
I believe it was discussed in the open here and is truly a sad situation to be caught in. Kurt

Denied Twice, Both Appeals Denied. Both attempts were by looser representatives.
First one knew nothing of my case, smelled like booze, just sat there and didn't do anything.
He got paid just to show up...an hour and a half late at that.
2nd firm failed to file my appeal on time. Now they will not answer my calls or Emails.
I need a letter of release from them so I can seek other representation.
Since September of 2013 I have been fighting a battle against SS AND ridiculous representation.
I think most of the firms out there for SSDI cases are expecting an automatic win, and don't know how to handle an appeal!
Right now I'm in limbo until I can get a letter of release from these last retards.
I think SS is hoping I will just give up and take an early retirement. But I ain't.
I'll live on a park bench before I give up...(part of my positive attitude I swore to for a New Year's Resolution!)
I worked, I paid, I'm owed...
Thank the world there is Family like here on TRF that have hearts!
I have no idea where we would be right now if not for the family members we have here on TRF!
Honestly, you all have changed our lives, and we all hope we can repay, or pay forward very soon!
God Bless You ALL!
John, Tina, Josh, and Mother...Betty (91)

oh man I wish you lived in Canada. You would be taken care of here. sorry for your situation.

We are both Catholic.
The church has very few members as of the trials that the Catholic Church has went through in past years.
Most of the members that still go are not much better off than we are.
It's a funny thing. Other church's want a commitment from us for the limited help they will offer.
We both feel changing our Faith and accepting a different belief isn't worth it.

One has to understand we live in Michigan. A poor part of it at that.
There isn't much here. Look it up on Google Earth. Reed City, MI 49677
It use to be a nice place. A hub, cross roads of US10 & US131.
Now, the N/S 131 Freeway bypasses us, and 10 is still just North of town.
A man named Miller put the place on the Map in the 50's.
My father sold him Tailor Made Suits.

He built an air port, 2 factories and brought industry in.
None of it is left. The rail road was huge here as the N/S & E/W intersected.
The tracks have been pulled and turned into a trail.
You can't even ride horses on the trail. It's mainly used during the winter time as a snowmobile trail.
The rest of the year it's mowed just to keep the path open due to lack of use.

Once my mother passes (not that I wish for it) we plan to get the heck out of this pimple on the buttocks of the world.
Selling our stuff off now to keep living is about the best thing we can do.
When it comes time to move on it can be quicker with less to dispose at that time.
My wife has sisters in California, Oregon, Hawaii, Saipan and a host of other relatives around the country.

I would love to live out of a mobile home/bus type thingy. Live in the North in the Summer, South in the Winter.
Start in the East, and work our way West through the remaining years of our life.
See the country, take in some rocket launches (something I've never been able to do) and meet some wonderful people I talk to here.
I can't give up on dreams. If you have nothing to dream for, you are at your end. And I don't want to be at my end like I was last year.
It's not a pleasant situation, and I wish no one will ever have to go or feel like I did. It's really hard to keep a positive attitude when things are going so bad.
But one has to look up...always. Giving up can NOT be an option if one wants to go on.

And thanks to so many people here on TRF, Family is a much better term, I...WE can keep looking up and forward.
Model Rocketry may be a small group of people, but a darn nice small group to be part of.
You all need to be proud to be part of it.
May God Bless you ALL...Always!
(Forgive my rambling. I just don't know what we would do if not for the support of the fine people like you all. My wife actually broke down in tears tonight before she went to bed talking to me about how people has helped us so far. And it made me break down as well, and realize how lucky we really are.)

Is there anyway you can get a job? I don't know exactly what your disability is and how you are limited to work? What about working at the local Walmart or Costco. Not sure what stores you have out your way? The harsh truth is you will not survive on selling rocket kits and jewelry. Also you are paying money to store your kits in a storage unit along with whatever else you have? That's counter productive. Most of the kits you have are priced at retail or above so not sure exactly why anyone would buy them. I seriously doubt you are going to get a settlement or disability anytime soon so you should probably find another means of income and come up with a better game plan and not rely on other people because it doesn't work . Maybe get food stamps Is anyone else in your household at the working age? I lived on the streets firvabour about 8 months in 2008. It wasn't pleasant at all. I had a truck and a shell and drifted. I had a laptop and I would look for work everyday. I used the free WiFi at Starbucks. I finally found a job and put money aside. My point is you have make an effort at some point during this time. Its not going to fix itself. I'm not trying to be unkind or mean. Just calling it like I see it.

Is there anyway you can get a job? I don't know exactly what your disability is and how you are limited to work? What about working at the local Walmart or Costco. Not sure what stores you have out your way? The harsh truth is you will not survive on selling rocket kits and jewelry. Also you are paying money to store your kits in a storage unit along with whatever else you have? That's counter productive. Most of the kits you have are priced at retail or above so not sure exactly why anyone would buy them. I seriously doubt you are going to get a settlement or disability anytime soon so you should probably find another means of income and come up with a better game plan and not rely on other people because it doesn't work . Maybe get food stamps Is anyone else in your household at the working age? I lived on the streets firvabour about 8 months in 2008. It wasn't pleasant at all. I had a truck and a shell and drifted. I had a laptop and I would look for work everyday. I used the free WiFi at Starbucks. I finally found a job and put money aside. My point is you have make an effort at some point during this time. Its not going to fix itself. I'm not trying to be unkind or mean. Just calling it like I see it.
In answer to the question underlined above: we buy them to help one of our own who’s down on his luck.
But you’re right; this isn’t sustainable.

Hi John,

PM sent asking about the Redstone kits.

Sorry, to hear of your troubles, hopefully will turn around soon.

Best regards,
Mike Bauer

Back