Has Estes ever screwed up your order?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andrew_ASC

UTC SEDS 2017 3rd/ SEDS 2018 1st
Reaction score
Order a kit they sent another. I'm going to email them. Ordered a conquest I got sent an Extreme 12. I may have to mail it back. Guess it's like getting the wrong order of food when you go out to eat. No big deal. Either eat it or complain to customer service. :eyeroll:

Order a kit they sent another. I'm going to email them. Ordered a conquest I got sent an Extreme 12. I may have to mail it back. Guess it's like getting the wrong order of food when you go out to eat. No big deal. Either eat it or complain to customer service. :eyeroll:

Probably every company has this happen occasionally. Their customer service has always been one of the easiest to deal with ever.

You can always send the Extreme 12 to me. :grin:

Really though, other than the delay, Estes will get you sorted. they are great about things like this.

I ordered my first model rocket from Estes in January, 1970.

I have had only one error since then and that was 4-5 years ago when they forgot to include a kit I ordered.

Upon being informed of the error, Estes quickly sent out the missing kit.

Twice.

When I contacted Estes customer service about returning the extra kit I was told to just keep it.

Estes has excellent customer service. :)

Same experience here. Email or call them, and they will set it straight.

I ordered my first model rocket from Estes in January, 1970.

I have had only one error since then and that was 4-5 years ago when they forgot to include a kit I ordered.

Upon being informed of the error, Estes quickly sent out the missing kit.

Twice.

When I contacted Estes customer service about returning the extra kit I was told to just keep it.

Estes has excellent customer service. :)

Humans make mistakes, who would have thought such a thing. I know I’ve made my fair share at work and I’m sure you have as well. They will fix it and you will get a free kit out of it, I don’t see the issue.

I had a creased body tube, and they took care of me right away.

I had a mishap with an Estes motor, and they took care of me right away.

They have the best Real Human (TM) customer service I've dealt with. YMMV, but probably not.

Maybe they had hired someone who failed the "Order Fulfillment 101" course in college first time and they had to re-take it?

I ordered a Phoenix from them once. They shipped me a Chevy Corvette by mistake. Ridiculous. Do you know how terrible the mileage is in hose?

You will get the right kit. And most likely be able to keep the wrong one.
Build both, do Build Threads on both, provide 1st launch video of each.
Estes hasn't been around for as long as they have been by NOT taking of their customers...
But making good on any mistake or mishaps, and making up for your wait and any inconvenience.

Don't let this distract you from the fact that Hector is going to be running three Honda Civics with Spoon engines. And on top of that, he just went into Harry's and ordered three T66 turbos with NOS... and a Motec system and exhaust

No I just finished up exam stuff and emailed Estes.

Don't let this distract you from the fact that Hector is going to be running three Honda Civics with Spoon engines. And on top of that, he just went into Harry's and ordered three T66 turbos with NOS... and a Motec system and exhaust

I wonder how many folks here half a clue about half of what you just said. I didn't know you were a ricer. I pegged you for more of a Ford and Harley kinda cat.

I knew they would take care of you. Just like they have treated customers for years. I'm usually afraid to post how well Estes responds to issues including damage and loss that wasn't there fault. Unfortunately I believe its just a matter of time before there generous customer policies are abused out of existence.

Back