Color changing wood filler. I didn't know that you

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If its like the old stuff, once you get close, add water 1 drip at a time. It goes from thick paste to soup in no time.

If its like the old stuff, once you get close, add water 1 drip at a time. It goes from thick paste to soup in no time.

I've always liked using the old formula CWF but as we know they don't make and if there's any left it's few and far between. I think I will give the color changing formula another try, but on some scratch balsa. Tim from Apogee puts it on pretty thick, but apparently it works well? Anyone else mix this with water? I would think that much it would warp like crazy.

I've always liked using the old formula CWF but as we know they don't make and if there's any left it's few and far between. I think I will give the color changing formula another try, but on some scratch balsa. Tim from Apogee puts it on pretty thick, but apparently it works well? Anyone else mix this with water? I would think that much it would warp like crazy.

I'm still able to get the Elmer's CWF at Walmart here in Orlando, Florida.
It does go on grainy. When you paint one side (I fill my balsa fins and nose cone off the model) it will warp.
After it dries, coat the other side and the warp will go away.

For me it works very well,
One coat of CWF and sanding, then one coat of Duplicolor Filler/Primer and sanding.
Two step process and done!

I like the old formula as well, but I can't buy any here. It's the orange and blue tub correct? I think it says "Interior Only" I think I remember seeing it on line at Walmart but it was in store only and the store was somewhere in the Midwest?? Funny how we get use to using a product that was so readying available, but now it's gone.

It seems to be the correct color of the paste, but the packaging should be the blue, orange and white. Not sure if it matters actually? It seems anytime there's something good from a company they change it. Let me see if I can find a picture? I think I can get that as well at home depot.

Back