QCRS Princeton Saturday April 28

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rockdoc

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
QCRS is hosting a launch on Saturday April 28th

This is our re-scheduled launch which was called due to weather.

Hours of launch: 9 am to 4 pm

Waiver to: 15,000

Wildman will not be at this launch but Jackie will be delivering the pre-orders from the April 14th cancelled launch.

If there is anything you need, give Wildman a call and Jackie can have it at the field for you.

We'll see you there.

I'll be there with the MadCow Patriot, hopefully to get my NAR L1.

Will there be a low power pad out? I've got three youth (two of my own kids, and one of my 4-H kids) coming with me that kind of wanted to fly. If not, I'll volunteer to bring my 4 rod launch rail if we could hook it up to one of the controllers? I have a controller, but it only has 30 ft. leads. Designed it for launching w/ youth groups at the local parks. It'll be my son who built the Estes Patriot to match mine, my daughter with her pink glitter Baby Bertha and my 4-H'er has something mid-power (E motor I believe).

Also looking forward to that big two stager!

-Aaron

Not sure if you know this, but remember to bring your NAR card, and the paperwork from the NAR website. You'll need to be able to answer questions about the CG/CP, and that kind of stuff.

What motor are you flying the Patriot on?

Not sure if you know this, but remember to bring your NAR card, and the paperwork from the NAR website. You'll need to be able to answer questions about the CG/CP, and that kind of stuff.

What motor are you flying the Patriot on?

Card's in the wallet and paperwork is in the box next to the rocket (I've even got my part all filled out!) CP/CG is marked on the rocket and I've also got the printout from OpenRocket (I went back through and manually overrode the CG and mass for each component/section.)

It was originally gonna go on a H123W, but: 1) Wildman is sold out of the 38RAS combo pack, and 2) It was just a tad bit slower off the rail than I wanted it to be at 16m/s (I might have overbuilt it just a little bit...) I talked to Tim and ran some numbers on OR and came up with an H219T-8 DMS. Nice quick 24m/s off the rail and it should just kiss 1,300 feet.

Can't wait!
-Aaron

Also looking forward to that big two stager!

Aaron, good luck with the L1! :)

Range opens at 9:00 AM, would like to have the two stage off the ground by 9:05. I have a family obligation at 1:00 PM, so the two stage has to go first thing for me. :horse:

Aaron- sounds like you're good to go. If you need someone to sign off on your L1, I can do it. I'll have a silver minivan. Also, there's lots of other NAR members there too.

Right now I'm planning on

6" Wildman- V2. L1100 EX white motor
Madcow Godevil29- G128WT

and maybe the swamp monster (4" scratch build) on an I200 sparky EX motor.

I forgot to get my order in on time at Wildmans so only 1 Launch for me but its a maiden so should be cool.
Mac Bolt on a K-535
Should be a great day for flying will be around most day if anyone needs help

Got my 6” Demon ready again for another flight. This time I have a 75/7600 Sparky motor loaded up.

Glen, are you planning to go and do you want me to bring that Jart ?

Jason- I’ll be there, but I’m still holding off on the Jart

Fully prepped including trackers (with brand new batteries of course)... See you all in the AM...

20180427_201902_resized.jpg

Great launch today! I only got one flight off (V2, on L1100), but saw lots of nice flights. Unfortunately cracked two fillets on the landing, but the EX motor worked perfectly.

@Justin- please let us know if you got onboard video of the 2 stager!

@Justin- please let us know if you got onboard video of the 2 stager!

All the way to 12K... :)

Was very pleased to get the first flight logged. Not sure what induced the spin right off the bat, guessing the sustained wind. Will have to fly it again to be sure.

20180428_085015.jpg

[video=youtube;_St0AwyfRzE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_St0AwyfRzE&feature=youtu.be&t=3m20s[/video]

turned out to be a decent day, little windy.
Maiden my MAC Bolt to 8500 the fail safe kicked on at 7200 and blew the main out thank god I had GPS tracking ended up landing just shy of 2 1/2 miles away. other then that was great flight.

Maiden my MAC Bolt to 8500 the fail safe kicked on at 7200 and blew the main out thank god I had GPS tracking ended up landing just shy of 2 1/2 miles away. other then that was great flight.

Glad you got it back- it was a nice launch. What failsafe are you talking about- the one on an Eggtimer Quantum?

yep, I have been experimenting with going drogue-less and eventually single deploy with chute release, although this rocket did have a drogue just too small the eggtimer detected it was falling faster then 80FPS so it kicked out the main. I could probably up that to a higher amount not sure where I read but for some reason 80 is stuck in my head as maximum before risking damage with main deploy.
I haven't had a chance to hook up the rrc3 yet to see what it reads will do more research before next launch at mini

yep, I have been experimenting with going drogue-less and eventually single deploy with chute release, although this rocket did have a drogue just too small the eggtimer detected it was falling faster then 80FPS so it kicked out the main. I could probably up that to a higher amount not sure where I read but for some reason 80 is stuck in my head as maximum before risking damage with main deploy.
I haven't had a chance to hook up the rrc3 yet to see what it reads will do more research before next launch at mini

The JLCR has worked out very well for me. I used it Sat. at Bong and al went well. Last year I had 7 flights using the JLCR.

Great launches and glad to see so many people out. Many thanks to djs for his assistance with a nomex sheath for my tracker and assistance getting the Drago up to the pad (the first time...ugh) and to Brad for his assistance getting the Drago out to the pad the second time :)

Glad to see the Drago fly- that was a really nice launch!

Great launches and glad to see so many people out. Many thanks to djs for his assistance with a nomex sheath for my tracker and assistance getting the Drago up to the pad (the first time...ugh) and to Brad for his assistance getting the Drago out to the pad the second time :)

Did your flight go well? Details?

Thanks to everybody for a great launch, and thanks for letting us put out the low power pad. Successful flight on the Madcow Patriot for my Lvl 1, successful flight on my son's Patriot (even if it landed a little close to the tractor...), and successful flight on my daughter's "Unicorn Power" glitter clad Baby Bertha. I had fun, the kids had fun, it was a blast!

-Aaron

Latest posts

Back