Sinclair Super Power-X

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EXPjawa

Reaction score
I was cruising the Spring Carlisle fleamarket with my father over the weekend and came across some interesting rocket-related artwork. This was an old space-age Sinclair gasoline advertisement, by its size probably from a gas station:

41655924251_0d395ff324_b.jpg

The smaller inset was from a newspaper ad:
41655921031_13e78cd82d_b.jpg

The rocket in both appear to be the same artwork, recolored. I was trying to figure out what the intended canard layout was on the large piece, but eventually realized that it was the same as the small one, just somehow the port side canard got cropped off in the transition. So, it appears to have starboard and a dorsal canard only... Just the same, this would be a cool rocket to reproduce even if it would challenging to stabilize.

For those interested, the price tag sticker on the left side of the large print's frame says $850. That is a big factor as to why it didn't come home with me...

I really don't remember that rocket sign. Maybe it was a regional thing. But I do remember these. And what about that price for gas!!!:y:

Sin 1.jpg sin 2.jpg

Looks like an early mini-mart. I remember S&H Green Stamps.

Latest posts

Back