• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Level 3 project

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CPUTommy

Thrust cures All
Reaction score
Looking for a level 3 project, Do you have one that never got off the ground?

Going to be out of work recovering from surgery and im planning ahead...

Thanks
Tom

Looking for a level 3 project, Do you have one that never got off the ground?

Going to be out of work recovering from surgery and im planning ahead...

Thanks
Tom

I don't understand what you're asking. Are you asking for an unbuilt kit, or something built but never flown? If the latter, that is not usable for a Level 3 test flight, as the rocket must be built by the certifying flier.

If the former, then it might help folks to know what specs you are interested in. What diameter? What desired altitude? What size MMT? What built weight?

I don't understand what you're asking. Are you asking for an unbuilt kit, or something built but never flown? If the latter, that is not usable for a Level 3 test flight, as the rocket must be built by the certifying flier.

If the former, then it might help folks to know what specs you are interested in. What diameter? What desired altitude? What size MMT? What built weight?

1-Un built Kit.. (don't think I could fly something I didn't assemble.. Kinda like your buddy's wife type of thing..)
2-Other than a sono tube im open to diameter..MD is more than fine with me.. 3 inch- 4 inch.. seems to be the sweet spot.
3-Altitude.. Well.. whats the waiver limit ?
4-54 mm is fine, 75mm is fine also.. im not yet comfortable with a 98 mm as the locations and waivers somewhat limit the big motors.
5- Trying to keep the weight under 30lbs if possible with out power plant.

Im pretty much looking for a L3 project someone was going to do them selves but has not started or cant, for what ever reason.

And instead of it sitting around, I figured id ask.

I currently have a Loc Magnum that will probably fly, once Ive gotten comfortable. It has a center 54mm and 2 outside 29 mm..I dont want to use that for my cert attempt.

I already have electronics, just need the air frame.

and of course.. a supervisor.. U offering?:lol:

Take a quick look at MadCow's list of discontinued kits. I recently saw some 4" and 5" kits (and perhaps larger) that were really interesting, at a good discount.

I would recommend 75mm MMT if you are looking for L3 capable kits, there is only currently One 54mm M-motor and that is a Loki 54/4000 M-1378.

98mm is even better. You can always adapt down. I agree that there are some good L3-type kits on clearance at Madcow.

98mm is even better. You can always adapt down. I agree that there are some good L3-type kits on clearance at Madcow.
+1, thats how I built my L3 project. The other criteria is what loaner cases are available if you dont want to immediately purchase the motor hardware.

Back