Road Runner motor ??

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy Greene

Reaction score
So some where along the line I acquired an F60-10R motor that I would like to fly in something I have , PSII Kit maybe ?
I normally fly my PSII stuff on G40's but funds are low and I would like to put something in the air in the am. Comparing the motors in TC , its obvious the f60 has a higher avg thrust 60n vs 37n and a lower total impulse 77ns vs 113ns. Being a newb at actually knowing the end results of these numbers , Im looking for some input. Secondly - do I trust that older motor, I have zero clue how it was cared for over its lifespan- hell I dont even remember who gave it to me :facepalm: But if it came from who I think it did- I totally trust the way it was stored. Another worry is that 10 sec delay.....
Thanks in advance, sorry for the stupid ??'s

Yes I would think a RoadRunner F60 would give a PSII Nike Smoke or Leviathan a real nice ride. Bob Korman doesn't produce them any more but he has kept the website active : https://www.roadrunnerrocketry.com/index.htm and Thrustcurve.org has the data as well: https://www.thrustcurve.org/motorsearch.jsp?id=76

FWIW the RR F45 was my first composite motor flight. You never forget your first one. :)

[edit] Woops, sorry. I see you already ran Thrustcurve with your rocket. What kind of results did you get ?

Ran a quick and dirty Thrustcurve sim with an Estes PSII Nike Smoke. So 10 seconds is too long for that one. Need something a little less draggy. :)

RR F60 thrustcurve.png

Ran a quick and dirty Thrustcurve sim with an Estes PSII Nike Smoke. So 10 seconds is too long for that one. Need something a little less draggy. :)

View attachment 343093

First off, thanks for the info. Im not real up to speed on running sims on TC , so Im not sure if my Argent would fit the bill or not, my only other 29mm choices that are ready to fly wont meet the need, more drag than the Nike does.

also , should I have any concerns with a date code 06011 that was properly stored.

Well all I can say is - I sure wish these motors where still avail. Perfect flight in the Argent yesterday, I was concerned about the delay time , but some good breeze proved to be my friend- the Argent just laid over on its side at apogee and fell flat until the E/C came :cool:

Back