We got any roofers here? What do we think about "IKO" brand shingles?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cvanc

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry for the off topic stuff but I wonder if anyone here has an opinion. I'm being offered these in a quote for my roof. Have to say I've never heard of them before (not that this means all that much, truth be told).

Thanks...

think it should be more" got any homeowners that had IKO shingles installed?"
even though ive layed a few square myself. all i could say from the roofer side is how they were to put down.
from a homeowner side, ive heard mixed with blowoffs being the main problem.

Can't speak to iko but I had Corning Duration put in with a great warranty from a company that has been around forever so I'm not worried. Go with a name brand with good warranty put in by a reputable company in business at least a few decades. You will be ok.

Beware the earworm:

[video=youtube;fP01RNDDsPM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fP01RNDDsPM[/video]

Can't speak to iko but I had Corning Duration put in with a great warranty from a company that has been around forever so I'm not worried. Go with a name brand with good warranty put in by a reputable company in business at least a few decades. You will be ok.
+1!

How fast is a Ford?

I laid thousands of square of Elk Prestique II decades ago, which would be something like GAF HD these days.

But no matter how good the shingle is, someone 3-nailing it with the pressure too hot is going to cut the top membrane and give you a blowoff years sooner.

How long have they been in roofing? How long has their crew worked for them? What warranty do they offer?

Last edited:
Woah. An actual roofer. This internet-AI-tracking or I-dunno-how-they-do-it yet is wicked!!

Last edited:
Back