Nike-Apache markings reference source?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jahall4

Reaction score
Can anyone point me in the direction of a comprehensive guide (or even separately) to the markings of the different Nike-Apache configurations. I figure worst case I’ll go with the Estes kit markings (https://www.estesrockets.com/007254-nike-apache), but still would like some details on those markings.

Thanks

subscribed.

The Estes kit markings appear to be the standard Wallops Island color scheme (thats what I have heard others call it).

Here is a link to Meatball Rocketrys Nike-Orion page, odds are if the Nike booster is left painted OD Green then the motor will have the standard military yellow stencilling on it. I have a .svg of some Nike M5 motor lettering I have done for a couple of my current Nike based rocket projects.

https://meatballrocketry.com/nike-orion-photos/

Hello All,

Just a quick note to announce the Jan/Feb '18 issue with the Nike Cajun / Apache article has been updated. I recently received a ton of great Nike Apache photos from Chris Timm. Several were color photos of round 14.247UI which is on the color data page. Chris's photos are much better than the one I had (and grayscaled on page 6). I've since updated the color data on page 9 and replace the photo on page 6. I replaced the PDF file late last night on the server. It is available for download at cv41.org/newsletters/V18I1.pdf if you are interested in having an accurate copy.

I will also mention the correction in the next issue.

Thanks,
Buzz

Hello All,

Just a quick note to announce the Jan/Feb '18 issue with the Nike Cajun / Apache article has been updated. I recently received a ton of great Nike Apache photos from Chris Timm. Several were color photos of round 14.247UI which is on the color data page. Chris's photos are much better than the one I had (and grayscaled on page 6). I've since updated the color data on page 9 and replace the photo on page 6. I replaced the PDF file late last night on the server. It is available for download at cv41.org/newsletters/V18I1.pdf if you are interested in having an accurate copy.

I will also mention the correction in the next issue.

Thanks,
Buzz

Thanks! Good "money shots"!

Back