Semroc MX Goblin build & review

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I started off by marking the lines 1/8 inch from the end of the MMT tube.
image.jpeg
I then glued in the motor block, and inserted the knotted Kevlar® shock cord.
image (1).jpegimage (2).jpeg
Then, using CA I glued the 2 centering rings on.
image (3).jpegimage (4).jpeg
(Note, before you insert the MMT assembly into the main BT, I'd recommend sanding the centering rings. I had a hard time getting the MMT assembly into the main BT).
I inserted the MMT assembly into the main BT:
image (6).jpegimage (7).jpeg

Fins coming soon!

Thanks,

I tacked the fins on with wood glue. I'd recommend doing it with CA, but I ran out of it.
image (8).jpegimage (9).jpeg
And then after that dried, I used the dowel that they supplied to drill the hole into the shoulder of the nose cone for the shock cord mount. And glued it with wood glue and part of the dowel, to hold the shock cord in better.
image (12).jpegimage (10).jpegimage (11).jpeg
Attached the streamer with masking tape & rubber cement:
image (13).jpeg
And glued the launch lug on:
image (14).jpeg
And all done expect painting it:
image (15).jpeg

Thanks,

Here is my review for the Semroc Micro Maxx Goblin:

(Parts Rating) 7/10 - The parts were pretty good.
(Construction Rating) 6/10 - It's a fun & fast build, however you're working with small parts, and it can be a little difficult putting it together.
(Instructions rating) 9/10 - Very helpful, well written, and easy to understand.
(Overall rating) 7/10 - It's a good rocket, well engineered, pretty good parts, instructions are good, just a little difficult to put together, because it's so small.

So, go get one of Semroc's new Micro Maxx kits, and enjoy the build! :)

Thanks,

Just so everyone knows, is there a marking guide for the fins and launch lug, or are they just put on by guesswork and sight? Help everyone out here Andrew. Need some more details please.

Just so everyone knows, is there a marking guide for the fins and launch lug, or are they just put on by guesswork and sight? Help everyone out here Andrew. Need some more details please.

I used the guides for the fins, not the launch lug though.
Very helpful to have the fin guides!!

Thanks,

Thanks for the posts, Andrew. Once you get her painted and launched, maybe you can post some more pictures or a video? I have the four new Semroc MX kits in my build pile, and will order the MX Orbital Transport and Optima when they become available.
Also, for anyone new to Micro Maxx rockets, there is an add-on micro rod sold at erockets for a few dollars. It piggybacks on a standard rod so you don't have to buy a whole new micro launch set:https://www.erockets.biz/erockets-micro-maxx-launch-rod-and-holder-er-9080/
Keep up the good work, Andrew. Hope to see some new kits from ARS in the future.

Thanks for the posts, Andrew. Once you get her painted and launched, maybe you can post some more pictures or a video? I have the four new Semroc MX kits in my build pile, and will order the MX Orbital Transport and Optima when they become available.
Also, for anyone new to Micro Maxx rockets, there is an add-on micro rod sold at erockets for a few dollars. It piggybacks on a standard rod so you don't have to buy a whole new micro launch set:https://www.erockets.biz/erockets-micro-maxx-launch-rod-and-holder-er-9080/
Keep up the good work, Andrew. Hope to see some new kits from ARS in the future.
Thanks! Yeah, it was very fun to build. Great rocket for backyard flying!
my designer & I are working on some designs for the next ARS kit. We're just trying to figure out what people want to build & fly these days, MMX kits, LPR kits, or MPR kits?
I just wish I received feedback on the Patriot. Not sure if people have liked it or not. That would help me make the decision on whether not to make another LPR kit, or try something else.
Wow that is teeny. Although I have that same reaction to pretty much every MMX rocket I see...
Yeah, it's now my smallest rocket!

Thanks,

Back