Wildman Jr Series

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A-N-D-R-E-W

Reaction score
I’ve been trying to search for a build thread of someone taking a Wildman Jr kit and shoving a 54mm motor in it. I’m thinking this has surely been done before, but I cannot find a thread. Im assuming it would be pretty easy just requiring the fin tabs to be trimmed down.

I would love to hear someone chime in on their experience. I just got one for my wife to build and I’m thinking of getting another and pushing it a little harder on a 54mm.

Why not just get a 54MD rocket, than buying all the parts that you won't need (centering rings, mmt, etc)?

Sure that crossed my mind. But comparing the price to the Blackhawk I’d put in the elbo grease to make it work. (Shrugs Shoulders)

I am willing to bet that if you called Tim he would certainly build you said kit.

I have thought about it doing a similar thing for what it is worth.

Blackhawk is carbon fiber
Juniors are fiberglass

Tim would definitely make you a kit, maybe even shave a few bucks off.

Madcow has the Go Devil and a Tomach that are minimum diameter. Not sure why they cost so much though. Fewer pieces and tooling, they should be cheaper.

Back