• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

CTI 75mm Hardware

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mperegrinefalcon

Reaction score
Hello,
I'm looking for lightly used, but undamaged, CTI 75mm 6 grain casing set with closures, and if you have them spacers too. I will pay $350 for the casing and closure set, if you have the spacers I will pay $380. PM me if you have them, I just ordered my L3 rocket kit, and will need the casing for the motor. I'm hoping to do a M840 flight. I am in high school, so it will take some time for me to get the money together, but if you have one you want to sell then I will buy it, just PM me with pictures and if it looks good, I will make an initial payment for you to reserve it, and pay it off.

You know, MOTO Joe has all the pro 75 cases that you can borrow if you get the load from them. Save you some serious buck-a-roos.

Unless the motor blows up, then I have to buy a new one. I would rather buy a cheaper used case, and if it blows up then I don't owe anyone anything.

If a commercial load “blows up” the case. The manufacturer will replace the hardware

If it is to be certified, it's supposed to be used with an AMW case. I would ask CTI if they would warrant the motor and the reload in the event the Pro75 adapter system or reload fails.
Your TAP may approve a comparable case but it's best to ask.

I believe that it is "AMW Style" case, which would mean the specs. I currently have an M840 sat loaded in a 7600 case with the hubcap and one spacer... works great !!

YES - TALK TO YOUR TAP (sorry about the caps)... they may even be able to source you a loaner case

I fly ANY AT and CTI 75mm reloads in my Loki, AMW And Kosdon cases via the "hub cap". It IS the cheapest hdw to use.
My point is the reload manufacturer may have rules on what is compensated and what is not when failure occurs. Easy enough to ask them then decide the route you take to L3. Of course run anything by the TAP if you perceive a gray area.
I met with my TAP early on and he was very forth-coming on what he wanted. I did not question him. Design it, build it, fly it and enjoy your Level 3 pin.

Last edited:
Ok, I'll talk to him. I'm thinking they won't replace it unless you use their hardware, but I will email CTI. Which Loki case would I need for the M840? I'm guessing I wouldn't need the nozzle, but will need the snap rings. Where would I get the hub cap you are talking about? Where would I get snap ring pliers? I've not used snap ring cases before.

The Loki case is the 8000n case same as everyone else's 7600 case, it's for 6 grain reloads.
The CTI Pro75 Adapter is the "hubcap". It comes with the adjustable forward and nozzle holder the goes over the rear of the CTI nozzle. Most big motor dealers have the snap-ring pliers.

Okie dokie, I'll check with him to see if he has those pliers, and if he has the adapter. I think I would go with the Loki case as I like the look of Loki cases. I could fly aerotech loads in that case as well, correct?

Dave, the 7600/8000 is actually a 7 grain case, when using standard 3" grains. The 6xl loads fit the case without any spacers IIRC. Performance Hobbies has a few of the hubcaps left. Also, cti supplies rms orings with their loads, so Aerotech hardware might be an option for you also.

Last edited:
Dave, the67600/8000 is actually a 7 grain case, when using standard 3" grains. The 6xl loads fit the case without any spacers IIRC. Performance Hobbies has a few of the hubcaps left. Also, cti supplies rms orings with their loads, so Aerotech hardware might be an option for you also.

That would just be the 7680 case, forward and aft closure, and forward seal disk, correct?

Dave, the 7600/8000 is actually a 7 grain case, when using standard 3" grains. The 6xl loads fit the case without any spacers IIRC. Performance Hobbies has a few of the hubcaps left. Also, cti supplies rms orings with their loads, so Aerotech hardware might be an option for you also.
I stand corrected: He was speaking about using CTI loads, not Loki. I meant to say the CTI & Aerotech 6g loads fit in the CTI 6g case or AT 7680 case. Theyre cross compatible. AT does recommend using the seal disc with their reload even in CTI hdw.
With the hub cap, the 6g CTI reload has to go in the AMW 7600 case with 1 spacer. The Pro75 Adapter instructions says only use AMW/CTI brands with the hub cap. I know ANY snap-ring case will work and a TAP may allow it but if it happens to fail you might be on your own.
I wasn't thinking about Loki reloads.

I stand corrected: He was speaking about using CTI loads, not Loki. I meant to say the CTI & Aerotech 6g loads fit in the CTI 6g case or AT 7680 case. Theyre cross compatible. AT does recommend using the seal disc with their reload even in CTI hdw.
With the hub cap, the 6g CTI reload has to go in the AMW 7600 case with 1 spacer. The Pro75 Adapter instructions says only use AMW/CTI brands with the hub cap. I know ANY snap-ring case will work and a TAP may allow it but if it happens to fail you might be on your own.
I wasn't thinking about Loki reloads.
Ok, I'll see what happens with cases etc. Thank you guys so much for this help!

Wouldn't this be an obstacle to achieving your L3? Unless he's an 18 yr old high school student? Which I guess is possible. Hell, I didn't turn 18 until I was two months into college...
Or maybe he's really planning ahead.

I'm a senior in high school, and I'm 18.

Wouldn't this be an obstacle to achieving your L3? Unless he's an 18 yr old high school student? Which I guess is possible. Hell, I didn't turn 18 until I was two months into college...
Or maybe he's really planning ahead.
I'm a senior in high school and 18 with my L2. Its possible

Like I said, I didn't turn 18 until after HS, so just figured someone should ask the question. Good luck...

Both of my daughters had birthdays late in the year. My wife was an elementary teacher and had noticed that many of her students who were young for their grade didn’t do as well as those who were “old” for their grade, so we held both of our children out for one year, which made them slightly older than many of the students in their grade. I don’t think just that one thing made all the difference but they both did very well, exhibiting maturity and confidence throughout their school years. We’ve known several other teachers who did the same.

Both of my daughters had birthdays late in the year. My wife was an elementary teacher and had noticed that many of her students who were young for their grade didn’t do as well as those who were “old” for their grade, so we held both of our children out for one year, which made them slightly older than many of the students in their grade. I don’t think just that one thing made all the difference but they both did very well, exhibiting maturity and confidence throughout their school years. We’ve known several other teachers who did the same.
There is peer reviewed science on the matter. The older students in a class have an easier time that lasts at least through college.

Back