The "NEW" Estes Request Thread...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my wish list:
bring back the Vagabond
PSII Mega Vagabond 3" with TTW fins
Bring back composite motors. either relabeled of Aerotech motors or develop 29mm composite motors in house.
of course the Porta Pot Shot deserves a rerelease.
a better altimeter, something like the Jolly Logic Altimeter 3. I probably wouldn't buy this since I already have the JL3 and love it
I guess some video camera stuff would be cool. but I probably wouldn't buy this either.

Hmm.... lets see..... Scales first of all, I'd like to see.
I would like to see other rockets of the world, Like an Ariane 5, Proton, Soyuz, (these any scale would be cool),
a 1/100th Space Launch System to compliment the Saturn V, or a 1/100th Shuttle.
Re-issue? 1/100th Saturn IB, Mercury Atlas, Titan IIIE, K-21 Gemini Titan, Juno I, Geo Sat LV, Optima, R2D2, X-Wing, Fat-Boy
Or any cool!

Thats my two cents.

Yes of course. However, the point I’m making is that there is obviously a way to make a business out of selling kits without being a motor manufacturer. In fact Estes could easily continue with their current model of selling kits in order to sell their black powder motors while also selling bigger kits to make a profit. As do the others I mentioned.

Maybe they don’t want to be in that business and that’s fine. But it’s definitely possible.

Vern Estes developed the automated black powder motor making machine first.

Estes rocket kits came later.

The REAL money is in making and selling the rocket motors.

Bring back the partial core-burn bp motors. Maybe some 24 and 29mm BP motors that give a good initial thump and then a nice steady burn.

I’d like to see some glider offerings for the mini engines. (Scissor wing downscale!!!)
I own all of Estes current mini engine kits besides a few RTF ones. They’re what I fly most, and honestly what I get the most enjoyment out of. Cheap, fun, with plenty of room to be challenging.

Allow john boron to get really creative. I like his creations better then reissues of old designs.

Allow john boron to get really creative. I like his creations better then reissues of old designs.
Yes John has great designs (I honestly cant say enough good things about him) but so do other former designers, there needs to be a balance of new stuff as well as re-releasing vintage models, I want to see the Aries SST and Jayhawk come back,but both require an OOP nosecone the PNC-50S.

Last edited:
Not that this isn't just me shouting into a void, but GEO-SAT LV!!!!!!

I’d like to see some glider offerings for the mini engines. (Scissor wing downscale!!!)

I flew one of these at NSL last year. Flies great.

John Boren

A modern, HD camera payload that comes RTF would be a real boon to both educational efforts, and popular with rocketeers. I'd second the desire for a science payload that could accept multiple sensors.

And I add my vote to the chorus of folks who think Estes should be more active in Mid-Power Rocketry and produce at least a couple of Level 1 High Power kits, capable of flying a 29mm "H" motor. This would help transition low power flyers into the ranks of HPR and open up a market for Estes too.

While I'll always be a Centuri guy, I've got nothing but love for Estes--and wish them well on the new venture. I'll continue to be an active customer.

Yes John has great designs (I honestly cant say enough good things about him) but so do other former designers, there needs to be a balance of new stuff as well as re-releasing vintage models, I want to see the Aries SST and Jayhawk come back,but both require an OOP nosecone the PNC-50S.

I have published a 3D model of the PNC-50S and can be downloaded for free from Thingiverse.
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4899740

Back