New Kit!!! LOC-VII

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
VERY nice! Any detailed instructions or videos for the MMAS Modular Motor Mount Adaptor System? Looks a bit more complicated than simple centering rings. That in itself makes me interested...

VERY nice! Any detailed instructions or videos for the MMAS Modular Motor Mount Adaptor System? Looks a bit more complicated than simple centering rings. That in itself makes me interested...

I will be getting a kit with the MMAS soon, hopefully. If nobody else posts about the MMAS before I get my kit, I will take lots of pictures and post my build of it.

So the concept with the MMAS is fairly simple. The fins have a notched step that marry up to the notches in the rings. The aft ring gets T-nuts and the holes in all the adapter rings line up. So they'll all bolt right in place. The forward ring doesn't have notches just holes cut for a pair of U bolts. The 5.5" should only stick out about an 1/8" after glue. But that's all in the instructions. If you look at the Rockets of high power calendar, April. That was the first "Large" kit we did this set-up in. Held up fine for a 98mm CTI 5-grain and a 100 pound rocket. But the real purpose is to be able to switch to whatever mount you'd like. And if you're not 100% sold on the bolt in concept, any adapter can be permanently mounted.
I hope that adds some clarity?

Not to take away from the new kit but will you be developing MMAS for smaller diameter rockets?

Not to take away from the new kit but will you be developing MMAS for smaller diameter rockets?
The Goblin kind of helped kick start this in the first place. There's a good chance the advanced and ISP performance series in 4" and up will get this treatment.

This one? As soon as I figure out if I need to make the fins in 2 parts. they're 54" long. Makes shipping a small problem. 1 piece fins and kit ready to go... Aside from instructions and all that jazz
28827441_10155922957133859_3535376160746027264_o.jpg

This one? As soon as I figure out if I need to make the fins in 2 parts. they're 54" long. Makes shipping a small problem. 1 piece fins and kit ready to go... Aside from instructions and all that jazz
View attachment 364815

I don't need no stinking instructions! Lol .Take my money good sir.

But yes. That would be the one. Mikey likey! Very nice. Is that 7.6"?

Ahh I see it on your site now. Very nice indeed.

Last edited:
Back