Binoculars with Laser Range Finder?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spence

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with Binoculars withg a LAser Range Finder? Might be useful for determining altitude? or determining how far away a rocket is that you can see?

The price on these has come way down in recent years - just curious if anyone had tried one? If you did, what Brand/Model and your review? any input , as always, is appreciated.

If I'm not mistaken, the main criterion for accuracy is a high-quality stock and sight. Recently, I helped a man choose a lighter and better hunting rangefinder. And I realized that they cost a tidy sum. So if you want to solve your problem, save up some money. I had a case when I did not hit with a super high-quality sight simply because of the butt, because I did not calculate what the recoil would be and the bullet flew directly over the bird in 5-6 centimeters. and this is not an isolated case. So go ahead, search, good luck!

Since we started flying trackers, I don't use my Bino's as much.
I'll have to take my RF'ing Bino's to the next launch and try.
No reason why they wouldn't work if you can get it on "target" and it's within range.
Mine ranges 3km so shouldn't be a problem.
As you state - not cheap - but if you want an integrated solutions, they work very nicely.
I own a pair of Leupold RBX-3000 - the best of the bunch both optically and RF'ing.

Back