Cultivating a New High power launch location EASTERN MASSACHUSETTS

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CPUTommy

Thrust cures All
Reaction score
ISSUE: Have huge field. can handle up to an "O" impulse. Physically the field is un mowed, and the road is rough as it stands now.

The field location is in middleboro/Halifax

Screenshot_20170805-222452.jpg
105.jpg

-A day rental of a bobcat and a rock hound will smooth out the road to an acceptable level. (me and my friend have been talking about this at length.)
-Do we start a "new" organized club or offer to existing clubs for use
-How do we coordinate with other clubs as to enhance the sport not detract from each other in any way.

Open to all ideas and opinions.

You know I'm up for it!

This is not a large hobby. I think we should first start with whether any existing clubs would want to start using the field?

Also, is there a reason not to be specific about the location in this thread and in the thread title?

You are 100% correct.

In the past Logan would re route all air traffic to the marker that's located in providence town and bring them in over the water. I do believe there is a marker in the field or real close to it as when ive been there a few times, ive actually heard the planes decel on there final approach.

The old club had 15k call ins.

Even doing LPR checking the sky is mandatory.

This is not a large hobby. I think we should first start with whether any existing clubs would want to start using the field?

Also, is there a reason not to be specific about the location in this thread and in the thread title?

In light of the issues with our current field, I'm pretty sure RIMRA would be willing to support this launch. We have a set of six LPR pads and two jawstands with 1010 rails for HPR pads--all controlled by a wireless launch system.

I guess ill work on the farmer and bobcat... I have to go to my shop today.. Ill track down the farmer and see if he is open to cleaning up an area.

This all hinges upon the waiver as I KNOW its an approach to Logan.. I have zero experience with applying for one.

No waiver.. no dice..

The logistics are secondary.

:)

more to come !!!

I just saw that MMMSC is back in business! Their first launch this year will be May 5. That said, I'm still interested in pursing this alternative launch site. Tommy, have you had any luck talking to the landowner?

I'm still interested too. This site is HUGE by East Coast standards, but the underbrush is THICK, making recovery a serous problem. Let's hope Tommy jumps in with some new info.

Back