Save a True Type Font?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T-Rex

Ordinary Average Guy
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I have a question for the computer software wizards out there. I tried Google, but in this case it was not my friend, or maybe did not understand the words coming out of my fingers.

First the background. I worked for a company for 13years. We were absorbed (Bought out) by one of our old competitors.

We had a true type font installed on our computers which was used for the company logo on paperwork. Is there a way I can pull that font off my laptop and save it? It obviously has been removed from all of our servers, and I didn't think to grab it when I could get it from there. The only copy I have is what is installed.

It has sentimental value to me. Thought I might want to have Mark make me some vinyl and put it on a future rocket.

Thanks for your help.

IIRC some of the ttf files have multiple fonts within the one file too.

If it is already installed I think there is a way of embedding it within a document (word). That may be a method of extracting it from your system too.

I don't know anything about Ttf font. I am angered how Google docs and Microsoft word can't communicate Math Cambria font in reports. I like excel and word. When something can't understand the font of something else it is just annoying. If you could somehow open the document in original font and print screen it to an image that is how we get math Cambria font to display in lab reports from google docs as an image imported. But for your case you could maybe make logo again.

It is on your old laptop? What version of Windows?

Try this:
Start > Control Panel > Appearance and Personalization > Fonts

Your font should be listed somewhere in there. Right click - copy; drag and drop; whatever just like a regular file. You can email it to yourself as well.

All the fonts on your system are in the Windows/Fonts folder. Go there and copy them all.

So all I need is the "ttf' file? That I can do, I thought there was more to it than that....

Thank you for your continued support!

So all I need is the "ttf' file? That I can do, I thought there was more to it than that....

Thank you for your continued support!

What version of Windows are you running? V7 and later just copy the font to the fonts folder. That installs it.

Back