Fiberglass motor cases - ISO info (old stuff not the new DMS. etc)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Salvage-1

Certified
Reaction score
Pete has been moving house and all sorts of rocket crap have been appearing, and then working their way over to my barn for storage.
This move has helped to get the remaining Numbsters back on track (ie... flying rockets again and thinking of mixing...), and it is amazing what I am finding going through near 10 years of Numb crap.

... anyhoo, the thread is about a certain class of cases... the old FiberGlass.
Pete and Dave presented me with an old Kosdon 4" reloadable (?) fiberglass snap ring case. Our challenge is to match the original load and refill and fly this baby! I will get photos, etc. as is

This thread is about discussions on the FG cases, this one and others (FSI, etc?).
Have you flown one? Do you remember them? Any info, discussion, etc., is most welcome. Share your info on this curiosity!

(pic space)
(specs space)
(ISO in this case is meaning In Search Of.... not International Standards.... :) )

Last edited:
I did not know that Kosdon did fiberglass cases. I recall that he was working on a carbon fiber case with Dave Trianno and a gent from Switzerland who’s name escapes me at the moment.

Sent from my iPad using Rocketry Forum

That's what I was told it was ... :)
32" long and 4" (dont have exact measurement) in diameter. Snap ring grooves on the inside, but non on the outside.

330_7245.JPG330_7246.JPG

Back