G71 Redline?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

qquake2k

Captain Low-N-Slow
Reaction score
I think that's one of the new reloads that either just certified or is about to. I'm not sure when it'll be available, but it was hinted at when they announced the new 24/60 loads.

There was a 29mm G71 Redline that was pulled from the market many years ago. I think it was due to a problem with the delay grain.

https://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?41602-AT-G71-Redline-motors

Aerotech is working on a new Red reload for the 29/40-120. However, it is still awaiting certification as far as I know. Last I heard back on April 4 Charlie Savoie said it would be the next one up in the certification process

According to rocketreviews.com, the G71R has lower average thrust but higher peak thrust than the 29/120 G77R.

Old

40591863995_4ca6398801_c.jpg

40591863735_e59b4860a5_c.jpg

I had purchased several G71 reloads years ago. First one I flew ejected during thrusting. They pulled the motors as they discovered that one of the chemicals in the propellant effected the delay. This is one reason you now see some components in a reload kit sealed separately. Aerotech were responsive and replaced the G71s with G64s.

Chas

Here is the response I got from Aerotech: "This is an older motor that is currently under further development and is not available."

Back