• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Estes Saturn V

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

patelldp

Reaction score
Just got done building the LEGO Saturn V with my son. We had an absolute blast together and want to up the difficulty a bit. I see that the re-release was discontinued and wanted to see if anyone out there has an extra kit they’d part with for us.

Thanks!

I was on a similar quest, for the same reasons, a month or so ago.
A few guys posted offers to sell their inventory in my thread (see link below), but I was able to snag the last kit that was in stock at one of the mid-west vendors.
I'm building it with my kids next, so it's definitely not for sale.

FWIW, I emailed Estes, and they confirmed that they will be re-releasing the kit in 2019:

https://www.rocketryforum.com/showt...-V-kit-(-2157-or-2001)&highlight=estes+Saturn

I have the earlier Kit#2001 with the balsa fins I will be willing to part with. First 150$ plus shipping gets it. Shrink wrap broken but box unopened. There are 2 on ebay starting at 125$

I have the earlier Kit#2001 with the balsa fins I will be willing to part with. First 150$ plus shipping gets it. Shrink wrap broken but box unopened. There are 2 on ebay starting at 125$

No thank you.

No thank you.

Watch eBay.
They do pop up. Either listed for under $50 (two of the new #2157 kits I watched sold for $105.50 and $91.00 each, #2001 kit sold for $92.00). Or they get listed for over $150, in which case they don't sell and get re-listed lower.

When I was a young teenager my neighbor across the street bought a Saturn V. I remember the orange and white parachutes and the blue lettering I think? I could be wrong, but this was probably late 70s. Was that the first ESTES Saturn V back then? I think at the time he said he paid $9 for it?

I think Kyle and I have a deal. I'll explore other options if it falls through.

Thanks everyone!

Back