A few fun rockets

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Howie

Reaction score
While looking for Little Joe pics, I saw some Kerbal Little Joe sims. I liked the look, sort of steam punkish. 2 cluster of 18mm, 2in main body.

Every year around Easter the plastic eggs come out. Every year I want an egg rocket.
This year I finally did it. Retro looking to. 24mm, rear ejection.

A round Christmas I saw these decorations. I first thought of doing some kind of RPG looking thing, but came up with this instead. Again 24mm motor, front eject parchute.

I dont do very well painting, so I still have to decide what to do for final designs.:blush:

Eggbert.jpg

Ring.jpg

Kerbal.jpg

Did use some measurements. But nothing exact. Marked four spots around the tubes and then made the struts fit the marks.

The center picture looks like something from a Star Wars movie, and the first one like something from Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy.

Those just look too cool!

The Egg rocket IMHO looks fine as is (Eggseptional!!!)... The middle, I'd go for a 2001: A Space Odyssey inspired look, and the final design would be something from the 1960's US manned space program.

Back