Confessions Of A U.S. Marine F/A-18 Hornet Maintainer

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sure there's a lot of guys here who have had maintenance jobs in the military. Might make an interesting thread of stories...

There was this Delta airline mechanic guy named Shawn that called his partner butterfingers. I used to take engineering physics classes with him. He'd show up red eyes saying butterfingers dropped a nut or a screw down a turbine at 4am in the morning in the rain on night shift and describe step by step how it took them six hours to gut the Pratt and Whitney jet engine to access the cowling it fell into. He was in his forties and late to class with jet fuel reek and grease. A true American. He'd track grease everywhere. Met a few Fedex pilots that flew Gaurd aircraft and those Pilots whined about hitting the screen when it turned blacked then it flickered. I just LOL. Oh I'm sure there's more screwed up stories just got to get people rambling. Mechanics keep Em' flying.

Back